cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybaig
Newcomer I

New CISSP Cert. Exam based on 2018 cbk

Hello All:

It is widely reported that starting April 2018 the CISSP exam would be based on 2018 CBK. Does it mean, you can no longer take the current CISSP exam? Is there a specific date in April the new CISSP (based on CBK 2018) would be launched. The reason for my inquiry is, I am preparing for the CISSP cert. exam and would rather take it before the new exam based on CBK 2018 is launched. 

Thank you all.

7 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

April 15, 2018 per the (ISC)² FAQ.

I would schedule a date based more on your confidence level and feeling of preparedness.

Don't get too concerned about the changes themselves.  This is a small evolutionary step.  Old training materials are just as good as the new materials.  Read through the replies on other message threads on this board.  Hopefully they will help relieve some of your anxiety.

cybaig
Newcomer I

You are absolutely right, I should focus more and studying for the exam than worry about minor content change. Thank you so much for the prompt response.

amandavanceISC2

@cybaig thank you for your inquiry! As denbesen mentioned, the updates will go into effect starting with all CISSP exams on April 15, 2018. The domain updates were minor, so the material you have been studying is still relevant for the exam. We will be releasing new materials such as the CBK, Official Study Guide, etcc during summer of 2018. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Bertikus
Newcomer III

Really? you chose tax day to give a new exam?  (joking I know you didn't choose it but ISC2 did)

Bertikus
Newcomer III

I'm pretty certain if you really understand the material from 5 years ago you would still pass.  Peace of mind helps however, so if you think you are close, study hard and take the exam on the 14th.  Over a month left and it depends on the person (I had to study for over a year before I felt my 650 buck exam fee was not going to be wasted.  Don't let other reports of the exam scare you, try to understand the topics and you will do fine.

Question in regards to the 5th edition CISSP CBK:

I heard it would be released in April and I still have seen nothing. Was this month concerning the new exam?

The Sybex official study guide comes out next month. Would you recommend individuals start with this until the new CBK comes out rather than using the 4th edition CBK due to the feedback a majority of users had concerning the CBK 4th edition?

thank you all

amandavanceISC2

@AnthonyJohnson0 Thank you for your inquiry. The CISSP books (CBK, Study Guide, Practice Tests, CISSP for Dummies and the app) will all be released from May through the summer of 2018.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance