Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

New AMF Payment Application and Logic is Unreasonable

I have to ask why a new Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) application was rolled out with a ridiculous feature that tries to control exactly when you pay the AMF?  I paid ahead my AMFs for years and because my cycle ended on June 30, 2019 I was severely punished by the new system and the way it was rolled out.  I have just spent $375 dollars trying to pay the AMF because you pay the fee and get a receipt only to show it paid one minute and not the next.   On top of that we are now being forced to pay it no earlier that 45 days ahead each year, instead of having the option to pay all three years up front and be done with it until the cycle renews like the good old days.  I could pay ahead and was paid ahead as of June 30, 2019 but all of a sudden I become delinquent and even after paying the AMF three times with proof the money came out of my credit card accounts, I now wake up with a warning that my AMF needs to be paid again.

What is going on?  Where was the quality insurance in testing out the AMF system and interconnections rigorously before deployment.  I have seen many other paid ahead members like me go through similar issues on this community forum so there is a major issue here that is documented clearly in this forum. 

When is (ISC)2 senior leadership going to get involved and fix this unacceptable situation?  

Respectfully,

Francis (Frank) Mayer, CISSP EMERITUS
10 Replies
AppDefects
Community Champion

I sympathize with your situation. Doubtful that anyone thought of that payment edge case. We are all being told to grin and bear it and pay the fees because next year will be better....

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I'm pretty sure we both have similar issues caused by us both having paid ahead for the full cycle and the new system not being prepared for that, but it's strange how it's manifested itself differently for both of us.

I get an "account suspended" message and when I call support they tell me it's because the system thinks I haven't paid to bring my account in line with the new policy, while you keep getting a message telling you to pay again!

amandavanceISC2

@Frank_Mayer Please reach out to me directly at avance@isc2.org and I will look into this for you.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

After a couple of days of the member portal working without issue, including being able to go into the maintenance fees section and see the message that the earliest I can pay any more fees is 16th July 2021, I now have a message saying I need to pay $125 by 1st August 2019.

Just to reiterate, I am fully paid up until 1st August 2021 and have the receipts to prove it.

@amandavanceISC2 

Hi Amanda - please can you look into this for me?

I'm guessing this has been triggered as today is the 16th July - albeit 2019 rather than 2021.

EDIT: I should clarify when I say "working without issue", I still do have a couple of minor issues with the portal but was referring specifically to erroneous messages relating to payments!

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I'm pleased to report the latest erroneous payment warning has gone and my payment status tells me I'm all set until 1st August 2021 again!

Many thanks to those involved in fixing it for me!

amandavanceISC2

@AlecTrevelyan please email me directly for any questions on your account.

Best Regards,
Amanda
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Thanks Amanda - this has been resolved now.

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

Thank you.  Timothy R. Campo, CISSP, CISM, (ISC)2's Director – Applications / Architecture / Security called me just now and explained what the issue was and how he is working on it.  His call have made much more confident that the issue with the new system will have a permanent fix.  

Respectfully,

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

Timothy R. Campo, CISSP, CISM, (ISC)2's Director – Applications / Architecture / Security called me just now and explained what the issue was and how he is working on it.  His call have made much more confident that the issues with the new system will have a permanent fix.   

Respectfully,