Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JordanG
Viewer

Need help with WGU proof of passing SSCP

I am hoping someone can help me find a good resource at ISC2.  I provisionally passed the SSCP exam on June 15th at a testing center in Indianapolis, then received a confirmatory email as well as confirmation on Pearson Vue that I passed.  Passing this certification is required for me to pass Information Systems Security class C845 at WGU.  I'm only 3 classes from achieving my BS in Cyber Security, but I cannot get WGU to acknowledge my passing grade, even though it shows up in Pearson Vue.  They have an arrangement with ISC2 that requires this organization to forward the passing grade to WGU.  Somehow, that didn't happen.  

Does anyone have a resource at ISC2 that they would suggest?  I've sent an email to membersupport@isc2.org but I didn't even receive a response.  

Any advice?

JordanG

5 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Unless you have completed the endorsement process, you are not yet an SSCP and have not earned the certification.   To be endorsed as a SSCP, you will need to demonstrate either one year of relevant work experience or have a degree in a cybersecurity program.  The second one seems like it would do it for you, except that you may well be stuck in a chicken-vs-egg scenario.

JordanG
Viewer

Thanks.  This isn't about being certified - it's about recognition that I passed the exam.  WGU only requires that I pass the exam in order to pass the course.  I'll worry about the certification once I finish my degree.

I'm really looking for a resource at ISC2 who I can discuss my exam transcript with me so that it can officially get to WGU.

wimremes
Contributor III

Call member support directly :

+1.866.331.ISC2(4722)
+1.727.785.0189

Sic semper tyrannis.
AppDefects
Community Champion

When you hear "please hold your call is important to us" don't despair they will get back to you.

denbesten
Community Champion

@JordanG wrote:

I'll worry about the certification once I finish my degree.

Do keep in mind that there is a 9-month limit for getting endorsed (either as a SSCP or an Associate).  Although this sounds like a lot of time, you took the exam 2 months ago and 

(ISC)² currently needs 2 months to do their part, so your runway is already half gone.

@AppDefects wrote:

When you hear "please hold your call is important to us" don't despair they will get back to you.

@AppDefects is right. Talking to a person requires calling during their working hours (M-F 9:00-17:00 US-Eastern) and being prepared to enjoy a bunch of music on hold.  The good news is that when you do finally get to a human being, I have always found them polite, helpful and knowledgeable.

FWIW, that particular call center greeting really gets under my skin, regardless of who owns the call center.  Every time I hear it, I reply "... but not important enough to staff at levels so you can actually take my call".  Drives my wife batty. Still working on that "patience" badge.