Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lukovich90ZM
Viewer

Membership PAYMENT

For the past three months I have been asking the ISC2 via email to furnish me with the banking details so that my employer can pay my membership, unfortunately, I have not received any response. For other professional bodies I have paid, only remaining with ISC2 who are not even bothered to respond to my email.

As per company policy, we are not allowed to pay for ourselves, I would have done it earlier, but it has to go through our Finance Department.

Has this happened to anyone?

30 Replies
Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

Amanda,

Thank you for your help.  However, the problem is constantly reverting, that is, the AMF shows paid and then goes back to showing not paid as it does now.  I am making this post to let everyone know that I sent a message to our CEO and that resulted in Timothy R. Campo, CISSP, (ISC)2's Director – Applications / Architecture / Security, calling me and explaining the situation.  Therefore, he is aware of it and working it,  As of today, July 24th, 2019, my AMF data in the system is still incorrect.   That is work still remains to address all the concerns below.  It is not just about issues with my account.  

All of us can learn a great lesson from the legendary Dr. Wernher Von Braun, of NASA, and I quote from the article at this link "Von Braun made a point of encouraging his team members to be forthcoming about their mistakes. "   It is clear as day that the new system needs a end to end fault analysis with every body involved looking for mistakes with an eye to correcting the root cause flaw, not placing blame.  The ethics of the pioneers of technology, despite their flaws (that all of us have as humans), is what allowed America to accomplish the amazing even when we were behind like we were in the space race.

https://appel.nasa.gov/2010/02/25/ao_1-6_f_mistakes-html/

The Information Technology industry needs to mature to that level of engineering excellence and ethics.  I would also say that modern engineers in all industries need to as well.  Look at the Boeing 747 Max issue that took far too long to understand due to an immature corporate philosophy world-wide.

Respectfully,

Francis (Frank) Mayer, CISSP EMERITUS