cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohamedelbadraw
Newcomer I

Members count page not updated

Hello,
I wanted to inquire about the status of the ISC2 members count page. Despite it being February 2023, the page has not yet been updated. Have there been any updates or reasons for this delay?
42 Replies
cec0172
Newcomer II

Hi Andrea,

I contacted member support and they were unable to provide this information. 

It may not seem like much, but this is a differentiator, especially in cases where members have concentrations. 

When I received my ISSAP, I was one of 1200 people in the US with that designation. That provided motivation for the ISSMP and ISSEP certifications. One of which I have taken and the other I plan to sit in a week. 

It also significantly impacted job interviews and job offers.

Removing this information from the public is doing ISC2 members a disservice. 

Thanks,

CEC 

Peterkr
Newcomer I

Hi CEC,

I had the same experience. Everyone in ISC2 points to member support, but they are unable or unwilling to provide the statistics.

I was able to get details from Community Manager Kaity Pursino. Although I'm not sure she will be happy when everyone reaches out to her :).

The current statement that the numbers are proprietary does not make sense to me. We are all part of those statistics and should therefore have access to them.
If we do not want to make the statistics publicly available, at least we should make them available to members after they log in.

I raised this during the last Inside ISC2 as well, but Clar Rosso did not seem to be willing to change the policy.

Perhaps we should start a petition. There seems to be a genuine need to see the member counts.

cec0172
Newcomer II

Hi Peter,

A petition sounds like a very good idea.

The problem is, how do we reach the community to get their feedback? 

TBH I sign onto this forum about one a year, and many of my associates are on less than that if ever. 

Thanks,

CEC