Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cobra
Newcomer II

Manually submitting CPE's

I can never remember how to manually submit CPE's.

I am trying to submit a CPE but i get "The term has expired but in grace period for CPE activity dates"

Does this i am behind in CPE submissions?

Am i not submitting the correctly?

I presume the start end dates mentioned in the first picture are the dates of when the CPE was earned or should it be today's date?

CPE1.jpgCPE2.jpgI

5 Replies
mariatirado
Community Manager

Cobra
Newcomer II

Thank you Maria. Those videos in the playlist do not answer my specific question.

What does the text in red above mean?

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

When you manually enter CPEs the dates entered should be for when you completed the CPE activity.

The end date specifically is the date used to determine which cycle the CPE will go against.

That red text suggests your end date for the submitted CPE activity is outside of your previous CISSP cycle, and is now in the time when the new cycle should have started.

You need to think back over the past 3 years and add another 5.5 CPEs from activities already undertaken over that time - Group B CPEs might be helpful here:

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/Project/ISC2/Main/Media/documents/members/CPE-Handbook-2023.pdf

Cobra
Newcomer II

Thank you Alec, Does it matter that the previous cycle is short by 5.5 CPE's?

Can i just do the extra 5.5 CPE's now, in this cycle to attain the final 3 year total?

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Unfortunately not - you need to earn 120 CPEs within each 3-year cycle and pay the AMF each year to keep your CISSP certification active.

If you can't think of activities to cover 5.5 CPEs that you already completed within cycle but have not submitted yet, I'd contact Member Services for guidance: membersupport@isc2.org

NB - they may take a few days to respond.

Edited to add: Did you earn your CCSP during the CISSP 3-year cycle period, and, if so, did you claim the up to 40 CPEs for the CCSP training? 

@mariatirado - Hi Maria - I don't know if you have any other guidance you can offer here?