Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Low income AMF discount rate

Given all the chatter on AMFs I think ISC2 should consider determining a threshold in income below which a member should be able to self declare as having a low income and pay AMFs at a reduced rate and/or perhaps have an option to defer payment. Would this be workable or desirable?

2 Replies
Shannon
Community Champion

@Early_Adopter wrote:

I think ISC2 should consider determining a threshold in income below which a member should be able to self declare as having a low income and pay AMFs at a reduced rate and/or perhaps have an option to defer payment. Would this be workable or desirable?

It'd definitely be desirable, but I don't know about workable. If they do provide a threshold and a means to avail of lower rates, they'd want to make the application system for this fool-proof --- given that many will try to avail of a reduced AMF rate even if they're well above the threshold...

(Then again, perhaps they're gonna announce something like this as a surprise --- just like the new AMF)

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@Shannon Agreed, there would need to be a honour system for this, however with statistical sampling I think it could be made to work(CPE audit is an example of this).

It could require a degree of vetting of say signed off from work in richer countries, age, enrolled on full time degree course etc.  It might be that members in developing countries normally pay the reduced rate(and elect to pay the higher rate should they earn more than the threshold).