Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milton
Newcomer I

Looking for ISC certified to approve me for SSCP

I have spoke to my Human Resources at my job several times and they say they will provide documentation to verify my work but never do. Possibility in fear that I might look for another job. I am now looking for alternate source to have a CISSP to approve me, I have little networking with other people and having an issue because of this to have someone approve me so I can obtain my SSCP. Any suggestions? I'm currently in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

5 Replies
esilvalabh
Newcomer II

Hi,

Hope you are well.

1. Request from HR the period worked with them, i.e. HR Must generate a dated document on letterhead confirming your overall dates working for the company.
  2. You can take screenshots from your Banking account where your current company is paying your salary, and attach screenshots of your first, middle and last payslip, it is to provide evidence to ISC2 of your monthly incoming salary. 
  3. copy of your Contract with that company.

If you provide to ISC2 the point 2 and 3, it will be enough.

A certified CISSP will ask you the same evidence to sign off the request to ISC2.

Regards

amandavanceISC2

@Milton Congratulations on passing the SSCP and I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting proof of employment. Please know, if you are not able to locate an endorser, you can have (ISC)² act as your endorser by submitting the Endorsement Assistance Application. Proof of employment is required, however, it is not limited to a letter from your HR department. Please see a few options below and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send a DM. 

Proof of Employment:
1. Letter on company letterhead with the dates you were employed

2. W2's - You would need to provide one W2 for each year you worked at the company, plus one extra for the year following termination.

3. Pay stubs - You would need to provide three pay stubs per year at the company. For example, if you worked at company A for two years, you would be submitting six pay stubs from the beginning, middle, and end of each of the two years.

4. Combination of the offer and termination letter

For the SSCP, you can also waive the one year requirement by holding a degree that originates from a cyber security program which addresses cyber, information, software and infrastructure security topics within its requirements OR is one of the following pre-approved degree programs:

• Computer Science
  • Computer Engineering
  • Computer Systems Engineering
  • Management Information Systems (MIS)
  • Information Technology [IT]

Please feel free to reach out should you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance 

avance@isc2.org

Milton
Newcomer I

Ok thanks, how long do I have to get this information?

Is there a time limit?

denbesten
Community Champion

When I certified, I wrote up a letter on company letterhead that included my work history, a clear statement that the purpose the letter was ISC2 accreditation, and contact information for my boss.  After reviewing, my boss signed it while I waited.  I then PDF'd it and emailed it to ISC2 for them to accredit.  2 months later, my certificate arrived in the mail.

The trick is that if you make it really easy for someone to do what you ask, they tend to do it quicker just to get it out of the way.

IIRC, you will be OK if the paperwork is submitted within a few months.  If you are worried, give ISC2 support a call and talk it over.  I have always been very happy with their support.

amandavanceISC2

@Milton, Yes, there is a time limit. All candidates/members have 9 months from the date they passed the exam to submit their endorsement application. If the endorsement is not submitted by the 9-month expiration date, the candidate/member will have to retake the exam. If you would like me to check on the date for you, please feel free to send me a DM with your contact information so I can pull your records.

Best Regards, 

Amanda Vance