Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

Just Mail a Check for AMF!

The number of complaints about inability to pay the Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) due to the mess of a web site complex and failures of the Okta Single Sign On (SSO) system keeps growing, apparently exponentially. 

So.. hows about folks owing money to (ISC)2 mail in a check for the AMF? If you don't have a checking account, you can send a Postal Money Order, and even buy the stamp you need at the same Post Office! A whole box of envelopes is only a buck at your local dollar store. 

If you are in the USA send your check to

(ISC)² Corporate Headquarters
311 Park Place Blvd
Suite 400
Clearwater, Florida 33759

If you are outside the USA, check for the best address at

https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us#accordion-ec0be5accd8a4a36a5dbbcd3adb5307b

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
6 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

I did this.  Worked well.  Took 15 calendar days from start to finish.  

Rossva
Contributor I

Thanks for this, am sure it'll help a bunch of people - but much easier to pay online right?! So you'd hope it'll get fixed really.
CraginS
Defender I

@CraginS wrote:

If you are in the USA send your check to

(ISC)² Corporate Headquarters
311 Park Place Blvd
Suite 400
Clearwater, Florida 33759

More recent comments from @Kaity in a related thread note that all checks must be mailed to the Florida address, above. The other international member support addresses are apparently not able to process the checks.

Thanks, Katy, for clarifying that detail.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Dev
Viewer II

It is not easy for the folks outside US to mail in checks for the AMF. I have been trying to pay AMF online. I have written to support/contact emails. There is no acknowledgement of the technical problem with online payments.
Will you suspend my certification because of technical glitch on part of ISC2?
denbesten
Community Champion

This is one of those situations where you collect evidence that you hope never to use, but you do it anyways to reduce future risk.  If you do get suspended, you do have a right to appeal.  To win an appeal, you would likely need to show that you repeatedly tried to get it paid, but that you were getting no response.  To prepare for this eventuality, I suggest keeping every email you send, screenshots of websites that are not working, a log of calls you placed to them, etc.

At the same time, I suggest you call them to see if they can take payments over the phone or to help you pay online.  Their hours are 09:00 to 17:00 US Eastern Monday to Friday and you should be prepared to wait on hold for a while.  

denbesten
Community Champion

If you mail a check to pay your AMF, please note that the Corporate Headquarters has a new address:

(ISC)²
1650 King Street, Suite 200
Alexandria, VA 22314
United States