Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mencik
Contributor III

Invalid Certificate used for ISC2 Survey

I tried to take the ISC2 Survey that was sent to me in email. When I click through the email, I am greeted by a security warning from Firefox that the site uses an invalid security certificate and it will not allow me to continue.
I really expect better from what is supposed to be the World's leading security organization.

Steve Mencik, CISSP, ISSEP, ISSAP

isc2_error.JPG

7 Replies
Clorth0
Newcomer I

That's hilarious. The site is presenting a cert from the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (send.aopa.org).

mencik
Contributor III

I notice that has been no reply from Member Support either. Per the email received today,

Let Your Voice Be Heard!

The (ISC)² Community is now just over a year old and we want to hear from you!  We invite you to take a look at the Community, browse the boards, and engage with the Community. We then want to know your thoughts on the Community – how was your experience, is there anything we can do to make it better?  Feel free to share your feedback in our Member Support board or send your feedback to community@isc2.org.

I would think that ISC2 would be embarrassed by this and want to fix it. But apparently, despite the note above, they really don't give a rat's patootie.

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @mencik

I apologize for the delay in our response here. I would like to look into this further and ensure that it gets into the right hands. If you still have the email that contained the link, would you be able to forward that to me, please? You can send it to me directly at soconnor@isc2.org. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
mencik
Contributor III

Email was forwarded to you.
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thank you for sending that along, I appreciate it @mencik.  Quick question for you, if you click on the survey link now, do you still get that message?  When I tried the link I did not get the message just moments ago so I was curious if you were still able to recreate this.  

Samantha O'Connor
mencik
Contributor III

Using Chrome, yes, I still get exactly the same message.

Steve Mencik
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thank you for all of your help with this and for reporting it to us.  After reaching out to our teams, I was informed that we are aware of the issue and we are addressing this with our vendor. 

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or here in the Community. 

Best,  

Samantha O'Connor