Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rafal
Newcomer I

ISC2 account vs Pearson account

I have a valid iSC2 account with non-member ID.

I have a valid PearsonVUE account.

Bot are using same email address.

Now, I am trying to schedule an exam via PersonVUE and getting an error:

You have logged in using a valid account, but (ISC)2 requires you to register for a separate web account. Enter the information for that account or register for a new account.

Why do I need to register second/separate PersonVUE account? This is hilarious.. 

3 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I believe this is a requirement from Pearson VUE - they want you to have individual accounts for each certification vendor (or testing program as they call it).

When I used to work for a global systems integrator I used to have to maintain 20+ different vendor certs required for partner status, so I have separate Pearson VUE accounts for each of those that used Pearson VUE to proctor their exams - not so hilarious!

EDIT: should also add, it's just the username that needs to be different between the accounts - the email address can be the same for all of them if you want.

Rafal
Newcomer I

Alec I think you are wrong. I am tying to register for separate Pearson VUE account and getting an error:

"(ISC)2 policy requires unique emails. The submitted email already exists on file."

Also it looks like requirement to create separate account is from ISC2 not from Pearon "(ISC)2 requires you to register for a separate web account.".

I still dont understand rationale behind this. I prefer to mainstain only 1 Pearson account and1 email address for all my certs, not to create separate email box only to register for an iSC2 exam.

I contacted PearsonVUE support but they are terrible, have bounced back my query for 2 weeks and at the end reset my password.LOL

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Rafal wrote:

Alec I think you are wrong.

Fair enough - it has happened once or twice before! Smiley Tongue

@Rafal wrote:

I am tying to register for separate Pearson VUE account and getting an error:

"(ISC)2 policy requires unique emails. The submitted email already exists on file."

I registered my account a number of years ago so things may have changed now, but I have the same email address set in the profile for ISC2 as for a number of other training programs.

Please note, I'm not referring to the username that you enter along with your password to login as this is unique for each of my accounts. As I had so many accounts to help me remember the usernames I simply appended @trainingprogramname to my usual username.

@Rafal wrote:

Also it looks like requirement to create separate account is from ISC2 not from Pearon "(ISC)2 requires you to register for a separate web account.".

Why does Pearson have a separate login page for each training program (e.g. Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Check Point, etc., etc., etc.) if this was an ISC2 requirement?

@Rafal wrote:

I still dont understand rationale behind this. I prefer to mainstain only 1 Pearson account and1 email address for all my certs, not to create separate email box only to register for an iSC2 exam.

I may well be wrong or have out of date information, but I suspect based on my own experiences that you're confusing the email address you set in the profile for each account with the username you have to set for each account. However, if that's what you need to do, if you want to schedule an ISC2 exam then you need to abide by their process. BTW - I haven't seen anyone else complain about this issue.

@Rafal wrote:

I contacted PearsonVUE support but they are terrible, have bounced back my query for 2 weeks and at the end reset my password.LOL

Thankfully, I've never had the misfortune of contacting their support team, but based on professional interactions I've had with some members of their security and infrastructure teams this doesn't surprise me!

I hope you find a satisfactory resolution to your issues.