Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jangle83
Newcomer I

ISC2 Certification Renewal Policy Negative Impact Paying Members

I am just about to reach the renewal date of my CISSP. I've paid all my dues and done well above my minimum for CPEs. My network accounts at work require that I have a CISSP, and those accounts will deactive on the day my certification expires. Not only is it going to make me look bad, but its going to make ISC2 look bad too because they can't provide reasonable service to their members. ISC2 is very diligent to get their money from us, but can't bother to renew our certifications before they expire. Please tell me that someone at ISC2 is fixing this. What a shame.

27 Replies
borysa
Viewer II

Was a resolution ever found to this situation?  I've found myself with a very similar issue.  My pay is directly tied to maintaining my certifications without gap.  There's no way to get a renewal certificate before my expiration date?  My CEPs have been completed and my maintenance fees have been paid.  Now I have to wait for my certification to expire to get a new one?

tonyshiver
Contributor II

@borysa sending you a private message.

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
mencik
Contributor III

I have not see any actual solution provided for the general case. Just one person at a time intervention.

I'll admit that my programming skills are a bit rusty, but I think that this bit of pseudo-code implemented properly would solve the problem.

IF ((expiration_date - current_date) <= 45 days) AND (CPEs fully completed) AND (AMFs fully paid))
     THEN expiration_date = expiration_date + 3 years;

I can't understand why it has taken more than weeks to implement this, let alone the several years that members have been asking for it.

Steve Mencik
CyberCore Technologies
CISSP, ISSEP, ISSAP

mencik
Contributor III

@amandavanceISC2 wrote:

Please know, all membership renewals are processed on the first business day following the three-year expiration date, as long as the member has met their AMF and CPE requirements for renewal. We cannot process renewals prior to the expiration date as some members meet the three-year requirements in the first year of the three-year cycle. If we were to renew those members, their cycles would not be three-year cycles. 

Amanda,

Has their been any traction on fixing this? Your statement that "We cannot process renewals prior to the expiration date" makes no sense whatsoever. There is no reason why your monthly batch process on the first business day of each month has to wait until a certificate is already expired. As with a previous post I made, your system simply needs to make a check any time CPE's have become satisfied, or AMF's have been paid, as well as your monthly run. As long as expiration is less than 45 days away, all CPE's have been posted, and all AMF's have been paid, then update the expiration date by adding 3 years. If both become satisfied during that 45 day window, the expiration date will be updated immediately. if both are satisfied before the 45 day window, the batch process run the month before expiration will then update the expiration date. Either way, the certification never enters an expired state, and never is renewed any earlier than 45 days before current expiration.

This is really not difficult, and would help the members that rely on this tremendously. Please make sure the new CEO is aware of this issue. 

Steve Mencik

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@mencik 

Thank you for your comments and suggestions for improvement. We understand your frustration. Your suggestions have been passed along to the appropriate teams. We will keep the Community apprised as enhancements to our systems are updated in the future.

If you need assistance with recertification, please contact Member Support at https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.   

ISC2 Community Manager
mencik
Contributor III

Andrea,

No offense, but that is basically the same answer that has been given for the last year and a half. When will we actually see some change? Can I get a definite date as to when ISC2 Management will address this issue in this forum and provide us with a timeline for fixing the problem? Anything more than a week or two from now to at least adress us directly is unacceptable at this point.

Steve Mencik

mencik
Contributor III

@AndreaMoore 

I followed your suggestion to contact ISC2 when this issue would affect me. I was told by Justin McKenzie that "I am sorry this is an inconvenience for you. This is how our system works on renewing certifications."

So, is it now the policy of ISC2 staff to simply blow off its members concerns and do nothing about them? I still fail to understand why the system cannot be fixed to extend an expiration prior to the certification lapsing. That is unexcusable.

Steve Mencik

Joe_Duffy
Newcomer II

This is absolutely unacceptable!   Why are we paying people to work for us?  This really reads wrong if you are a paying member to a professional organization.

How do we get this to the new leadership to fix!

@mencik @AndreaMoore @tonyshiver

- Joe