Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Re: (ISC)2 Board of Directors election

@jjx JJ, if you're going to make an allegation of that nature in a public forum, I'm hoping that you'll back it up with an Ethics complaint and hard evidence

EDIT: @jjx wrote:  Did you take that information you had access to on the council and start using it to help or communicate with members?

Highlighted
Newcomer II

Alec - you have the board's attention and your feedback regarding systems issues will be discussed with management at our upcoming board meeting in July. As Board members we represent our membership. No radio silence on this. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

@gthompson - Thank you, Greg - I already brought the issues to the attention of David Shearer in the thread I have linked below, and while there has been progress with my own specific issues, the wider issues affecting all members still persist:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Career/We-know-you-have-choices-when-it-comes-to-professional/m-p/2290...

Highlighted
Newcomer II

Fair enough, but there seem to be some thematic system issues that I think need management's attention. It's on my agenda.

GT

Highlighted
Newcomer II

Hi @AppDefects 

You've brought up a lot of great points throughout this whole long, random, thread. I appreciate the comments and understand where you're coming from. I posted the articles on LinkedIn (as I said in the post) because someone (a good friend of mine) made a comment on Twitter, which snowballed in to a cacophony of other comments, issues, questions. I was asked to reply (to several points) but of course Twitter is challenging with long text. While doing that in haste, I went ahead and addressed as many of the points brought up by friends as I could.

As for being responsive to member requests, I am frequently asked to respond to member comments/questions, and (as far as I know) I have responded *every* time someone has asked. I don't monitor any social media or sites looking for things to comment on but I will never ignore a member question.

Often, the question is simply something that needs to go to Member Services. As board members, we are precluded from participating in certain activities, or 'advocating' on behalf of individual members but I walk that line regularly in hopes that the karma of good intentions and helping members will smile upon me. What's most appropriate is that I tell the person we'll simply ensure they get a response from Member Services.

As for Twitter though, I was responding to friends and people I know personally, not random people. 🙂

So on to the rest...
Yes, we're trying to fix things. I'm OK admitting when something is flawed and if you're looking for openness and transparency, here it is. "Pet project", absolutely! When I was asked to join the board, it was to help roll up sleeves and do work, not serve as a figurehead. A lot of board members have their own agendas but I think if you ask around you'll hear that MY AGENDA was always and only improving (ISC)2 and that started with maturing the board and board processes.

If board members don't have experience hiring/firing/managing, they're not necessarily equipped with the skills to vet nominees. And regardless, there is a lot of inconsistency - you have a rolling board, new committee members every year, etc.

I'm just being realistic. If you know you have a short-coming, I think it's best to just admit, acknowledge, and fill that gap.

---->    If my baby's ugly, you'll hear it from me first.    <-----

Jennifer Minella, CISSP,

(ISC)2 Board of Directors 2014-2019

2019 Chairperson

VP of Engineering
Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc.
www.cadinc.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenniferminella