cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafaelmmsilva
Newcomer I

I booked the CISSP exam with wrong option about ISC2 Associate

Hi all.

When i booked my CISSP test, I wronged mark the option talking about take the test to be a ISC2 associate (because I have the necessary experience to get the CISSP certification).

How can I change this and go to Endorsement process?

Ps.:I did the test in last november 14,don't received the email about test validation.

Thanks in advanced
1 Reply
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Congrats on passing the CISSP exam!

The printout you received at the test centre would have advised you it can take 2 -5 business days for the results to be passed from Pearson VUE to ISC2. If you passed on the 14th Nov then 5 business days would be tomorrow. However, I've heard a few people say they haven't had the confirmation email recently so maybe there is a wider issue - it's happened before!

To resolve your issue with incorrectly opting for Associate at the time you booked the exam, you will need to speak to Member Services. Although, given how long that is likely to take to bring a resolution, it may just be quicker to let the process play out.

After you finally receive your confirmation email, that should be followed by another email requesting you pay the Associate fee of $50. Once that is paid you will be an Associate. You can then start your endorsement application for the full CISSP immediately - this is an online process initiated through the Member/Associate portal.

As I understand it, once the CISSP endorsement application is approved (assuming it's within a year of the Associate fee being paid) you will only need to pay the difference in fees to become a full CISSP. i.e. $125 - $50 = $75. So you won't lose out in financial terms. It may take a little longer though, but as I said above given the current response times from Member Services I can't see the timing being much different, and this way will likely be less stressful!