cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricardogomes
Viewer

Wrong Name In Certification

Dear,

I recently passed in CISSP Certification, however, my name is wrong in the certification, the middle name was duplicated.

I sent an e-mail for Member Support, but I don't have any return about this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

26 Replies
unixgeek21
Newcomer III

Hello,

When I created an account with ISC2 website, the form only has provision for First and Last Name.   When I logged in and tried to add my middle name, it won't let me.   I'm concerned as my driver's license as well as my passport has my middle name on it...Will this cause an issue when my credentials are being verified in the testing center?

Please advise.

denbesten
Community Champion

The official policy is at https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam.  It implies that the middle name is irrelevant for name matching policies. My ID contains a middle initial, which did not bother them. If concerned, bring a copy of the policy to the venue -- and then throw it away after checking in because you will not be permitted to bring it into the testing room Smiley Happy.

The first and last name on your ID must exactly match the first and last name that you used to register with Pearson VUE. (For example, if your driver’s license shows your name as Charles, be sure to register as Charles — not as Chuck or Charlie.) If your names don’t match, you must bring proof of a legal name change to the test center on your test day. Your document must be an original (not a photocopy or fax). The only legal documents that Pearson VUE will accept are: Marriage licenses Divorce decrees Court-sanctioned legal name change documents If you made a mistake with how you registered your name with Pearson VUE, you must contact (ISC)² to make a correction before your test date. Name changes cannot be made on your test day, including at the test center. If your names don’t match, you’ll be asked to leave. You’ll also forfeit your testing fee.
unixgeek21
Newcomer III

Thank you so much for the answer and patience....I feel better knowing that middle name doesn't matter.

amandavanceISC2

@unixgeek21 Thank you for reaching out to us. We strongly suggest to update your (ISC)² and Pearson VUE profiles to match your ID 100%; this includes the middle name/initial. For any name updates, please send me a copy of your ID (redact any important information and send password protected) and I will be happy to make the updates to your accounts.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org 

unixgeek21
Newcomer III

Thank you so much Amanda!   I've sent you an e-mail as it's not appropriate to reply thru this forum.

Guru
Viewer

Amanda,

I am in the same situation with my name.  I have contacted Pearson Vue and they referred me to ISC2.  I have tried reaching ISC2 customer support and have left a message.  Is there an online form to use?  I just need to move my First Name to my Middle Name, and add my First Name as I go by my middle name since I am a Junior.

amandavanceISC2

@Guru Thank you for reaching out. To make any name updates, we do require a copy of your ID. Please feel free to email me directly at avance@isc2.org and include the ID you plan to bring with you to the testing facility. Please also feel free to redact any important information such as your DOB or licence number. Once I receive that, I will make the name updates to your (ISC)² and Pearson VUE profiles. 

First:

Middle:

Last:

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

CraginS
Defender I

I have throughout my life used my middle name, not my first name, for both social and professional identity, just like Chris @Guru . My first name is for completing government forms.

When I run into a database that ignores that fact that many folks do the same (e.g. T. Boone Pickens, etc.) I fill in the FirstName field with either my middle name, or complete first and last names together, or my first initial and middle name. 

Database coders and DB designers who are too clueless to understand the personal social and identification verification importance of middle names are generally also too clueless to include a data validation step to prevent spaces and periods in the field.

Years ago when having my company ID badge re-made with my middle name instead of first, the clerk asked if that was my "government name."

The government did not give me my name.

By the way, modern well-designed HR record systems, which must provide fields for fname, mname, lname, and suffix (Jr, 3rd, etc.) also include a field for "Preferred Name." This is a very good thing

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
emb021
Advocate I

@ricardogomes wrote:

Dear,

I recently passed in CISSP Certification, however, my name is wrong in the certification, the middle name was duplicated.

I sent an e-mail for Member Support, but I don't have any return about this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Not experienced this problem, but I think it may be tied to how you're setup on Pearson Vue's site.

My ISC2 profile has just my first and last name, so my cards have that, but my certificate has first-middle-last name, because that was in my Pearson Vue profile.

I think I tried a few times to fix my ISC2 profile to add my middle name, but gave up on it.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow