cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amaf75
Newcomer II

Has been a full week since Provisionally passed, nothing from ISC2

Hello,

I have prov passed last Friday 2/26, The letter stated it may take 2-5 days, I have also emailed member services a few times. They have been completely silent. What is going on? The lack of communication is baffling. 

It seems like the CISSP_OP may have overwhelmed ISC2, which is understandable, but any communication would be great. 

41 Replies
Cloudbuddy2020
Newcomer II

Thanks for pointing it but I read everything and word

6 to 8 weeks from ? When...date of exam ? or infinity

Dude that's just generic BS..............I have heard stories of a center in South Asia doing the same

They need to ensure the process works before releasing it or making it explicitly clear. That's my point

Even now no one is saying............Okay by June 20th we will notify you bla bla.......and thats what is disappointing. Lack of transparency and communication and BIGGEST of all generic BS which doesn't translate to anything

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Cloudbuddy2020 wrote:

They need to ensure the process works before releasing it

Exactly, this was a pilot programme to ascertain if online exams are viable. You should have known what you were signing up for by doing your research beforehand.

Anyway, in fewer than 8 weeks from when Pearson VUE passed your results to ISC2 you'll have your official results email - I hope it goes fast for you.

Cloudbuddy2020
Newcomer II

This is probably your first certification so you have no idea on how others
run the show and what it means to do your due deligence before conducting
an exam

You can keep your opinion and I will keep mine in terms of how this was
executed
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Cloudbuddy2020 wrote:
This is probably your first certification so you have no idea on how others
run the show and what it means to do your due deligence before conducting
an exam

You can keep your opinion and I will keep mine in terms of how this was
executed

Your argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny. You're complaining about it taking too long to receive your official results email, and there being no communication on when you will, despite that information having been publicised before you even took the exam.

For the record, I hold numerous leading security industry certifications from multiple certification bodies amassed over a multidecade career working for a select number of the world's biggest and best security companies, so I do know what I'm talking about.

If you think these other certification bodies and their certifications are so much better, why are you here complaining? Surely it doesn't mean that much to a high-calibre and well-certified professional such as yourself?

However, that's the whole point, isn't it? You value the CISSP certification. I value it too. As does ISC2 and all the other members who hold it. If it becomes devalued, we all lose. This process is critical to ensure it keeps its value, so, sorry, but you need to wait.

Pureblood
Newcomer II

I don't know why you have to be so rude and snarky. I read the FAQs before signing up and I swear that section was not there. Do you have proof that was there before anyone signed up for the online exam?

Cloudbuddy2020
Newcomer II

Cuz he is probably a paid agent from ISC2 put in here to be act over smart with the audacity to blame us. Any one who really sat for the exam, would be upset the way things were handled and no communication send out
soufarch
Newcomer I

We have a proof that we have passed the exam, if we go to the court we will win.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Pureblood wrote:

I don't know why you have to be so rude and snarky. I read the FAQs before signing up and I swear that section was not there. Do you have proof that was there before anyone signed up for the online exam?

While the online exam proctoring FAQ was only recently updated to include this information, the general exam policies and procedures have been documented and available online for a long time.

The entire ISC2 site was updated last year, so the "Wayback Machine - Internet Archive" for the new page only goes back to Sep 2020 but that is clearly before this pilot programme was opened for enrolment:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200918121252/https://www.isc2.org/Exams/After-Your-Exam

While all of the relevant information was not immediately available in one convenient location, it certainly was all available for diligent professionals to research.

As to your comment about me being rude and snarky, I'm just giving as good as I get.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Cloudbuddy2020 wrote:
Cuz he is probably a paid agent from ISC2 put in here to be act over smart with the audacity to blame us. Any one who really sat for the exam, would be upset the way things were handled and no communication send out

Yet again I have to set the record straight after another unfounded and frankly unprofessional assumption/accusation from you.

I'm just an ISC2 member, no more, no less - you can tell this as ISC2's paid shills don't work weekends!

All opinions I express on here are my own and not those of ISC2.

My interest in this topic, as I have stated in every post I have made in this thread, is purely as a concerned member and is around ensuring the utmost is being done to preserve the value of the CISSP and all the other ISC2 certifications.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@soufarch wrote:
We have a proof that we have passed the exam, if we go to the court we will win.

"Provisionally" passed.

The results email you are waiting for will still say "provisionally" passed.

You are only acknowledged to have formally passed when you complete the endorsement process and have your endorsement application approved.

The above is true of any ISC2 exam regardless of whether it was taken online or at a Pearson VUE test centre.