cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amaf75
Newcomer II

Has been a full week since Provisionally passed, nothing from ISC2

Hello,

I have prov passed last Friday 2/26, The letter stated it may take 2-5 days, I have also emailed member services a few times. They have been completely silent. What is going on? The lack of communication is baffling. 

It seems like the CISSP_OP may have overwhelmed ISC2, which is understandable, but any communication would be great. 

41 Replies
moez-ger2001
Newcomer I

Same situtation so i contacted ISC² support  and i got this email:

(ISC)² conducts a thorough statistical and psychometric analysis of the score data to establish the pass/fail score before releasing scores. We need a minimum number of test takers before this analysis can be completed.

Depending on the volume of test takers for a given test, there may be times when scores are delayed for approximately six to eight weeks to complete this critical process.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

doncalli
Viewer II

Hello there,

I have not been contacted yet. Per PearsonVue, I provisionally passed the CISSP_OP on 2/26.

PearsonVue is saying the result was forwarded to ISC2 already.

Can I get an update on this pls from ISC2?

mtheo
ISC2 Team

Typically it does take just a few days for (ISC)2 to receive exam results from Pearson Vue. However, there are times when it takes longer. Please refer to https://www.isc2.org/Exams/After-Your-Exam for more information:

Receiving Your Results
(ISC)² conducts a thorough statistical and psychometric analysis of the score data to establish the pass/fail score before releasing scores. We need a minimum number of test takers before this analysis can be completed.

Depending on the volume of test takers for a given test, there may be times when scores are delayed for approximately six to eight weeks to complete this critical process.

We appreciate your patience during this process. Once it's complete, you'll hear from us.

Thanks,
Michael Thomas
Supervisor, Member Services
Cloudbuddy2020
Newcomer II

Hi Michael

So is there an ETA or its infinity? I understand you'll have to do your due diligence but does ISC2 care what its folks who choose to be guinea pig are going through after studying for 5 months and paying a very good amount of fee ? or there is no regard for that ?

A date by which we could expect to hear would go a longgggggggggggggg way in ending our trauma and the pain we are going through. I don't know about others, but my promotion is on hold because of the delay in this process

I hope you will have some empathy for folks like us and get us a proper answer

LK

soufarch
Newcomer I

I'm in the same situation

soufarch
Newcomer I

tonyshiver
Contributor II

@soufarch I defer to Michael Thomas's response above.  There are rare occasions when the psychometric analysis process takes longer than expected.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Tony Shiver

Manager, Member Services

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
soufarch
Newcomer I

@tonyshiver no issue with that, I can wait forever, if you can send us an email confirming that we have to wait forever it will reassure me.

Passing the exam was the hard part after months of hard working 😊

Thanks for your help
Soufiane
Cloudbuddy2020
Newcomer II

Can you be kind enough to define "longer"? Is there a time frame? or its INFINITY? (Sure sounds like it)

It's unfortunate that ISC2 used us as guinea pigs in an experiment that was not well basked in and throughout

Very disappointing and frustrating experience. I hold 2 other certifications from other bodies but this has been the most disappointing in the way it is been handled

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Cloudbuddy2020 

Guess you must have missed this in Michael's previous post:

"Depending on the volume of test takers for a given test, there may be times when scores are delayed for approximately six to eight weeks to complete this critical process."

I guess you also didn't read the online exam proctoring FAQ prior to signing up for the pilot programme as it explained everything that would happen including the official results email taking six to eight weeks:

https://www.isc2.org/Exams/Online-Proctor-Pilot-Test-FAQ

Believe me, I know how frustrating it is as I went through this myself when the CISSP changed from 10 domains down to 8. However, when my test ended I didn't even get given the provisional result, just a piece of paper telling me to wait!

There are a lot of people opposed to ISC2 allowing online testing due to concerns about cheating and the certifications being devalued, so they're under a lot of pressure to validate things carefully which takes time.