Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobEllis
Reader I

Genuine or phishing attempt?

I received this email earlier today from donotreply@isc2.brightspace.com. Is this a genuine isc2 communication?

You have been enrolled in D2L Support - D2L Support for ISC2 - International Information System Security.

To access D2L Support - D2L Support, log into ISC2 - International Information System Security using your username myemail and password, then select D2L Support from your list of courses.

25 Replies
niceduck
Newcomer I

Got email this morning with info ; You have been enrolled in ISC2-DEVSECOPS-MBR - DevSecOps: Integrating Security into DevOps for ISC2 - International Information System Security. Logged to isc² portal, went to learning portal and indeed, there was this new course under my courses... Thus went thru it, nice module btw. No idea, why or how it got to my courses list tought. -jra
JSpence
Viewer

Got the same email and have also been enrolled. Of couse logged into check, did not use the link.
FGA_Sol
Viewer II

I received the same e-mail last night.

Can anyone from ISC2.org provide an update please? 

Thanks

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello everyone,

Apologies for any confusion here. The course is real and free and you should have received an email explaining that. Our learning management system jumped the gun a bit and sent the email before we could send OUR email. It’s a real email and a real free course – and worth 5 CPEs – again sorry for any confusion!

Thank you for letting us know about this. We hope you enjoy the course if you choose to take it.

Best,
Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
FGA_Sol
Viewer II

Thanks for the update.
Shannon
Community Champion

@SamanthaO_isc2 wrote:
The course is real and free and you should have received an email explaining that. Our learning management system jumped the gun a bit and sent the email before we could send OUR email. It’s a real email and a real free course – and worth 5 CPEs

There was also a tweet from @isc2 some hours ago clarifying this...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz