Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogueAstronaut
Viewer III

Fake (ISC)² Certificate?

I received a resume from a candidate claiming to possess some impressive security certifications, but it wasn't quite passing the "smell test." Among them were (ISC)² certifications. I actually received scanned copies of the certificates, but when I tried to validate them through the (ISC)² website Certification Verification I did not receive valid results. 

Some of the other certifications (from other organizations) are not proving valid either. 

In the interest of maintaining the integrity of the certifications, is there a point of contact to report potentially false claims and even forging of (ISC)² certificates? 

4 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Never had to this thankfully - I think that the Ethics Committee would deal with matters like this:

https://www.isc2.org/Ethics

As a member in good standing, you could email:

membersupport@isc2.org 

Then ask for the procedure to report a fraudulent assertion of certification and possible counterfeit certificate. I would be very sure, but it sounds like there are a few issues here.

Kaity
Community Manager

That is something we certainly want to know about. Please reach out to legal@isc2.org with the details. Thank you!

Beads
Advocate I

I've certainly meet a number of rather questionable cert holders or those who couldn't have possibly meet the requirements for certification but never had someone attempt to pass a bad certificate. Always trust the Member number first and foremost. If the membership number doesn't match or appears to be at all questionable - report it and move on. If something as simple as a certificate appears to be questionable if not bogus a bit more research is likely to prove to even more fuel for the rejection file.
RogueAstronaut
Viewer III

Thanks, will do.