Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Re: Failed CISSP - big time disappointment

My advice is not to give up because you have already invested so much time and energy.  It is best to focus on older material sometimes because those text have more foundational material and theory.  If you grab hold of the theory behind the objectives you won't be upset.  You will ace it the next time.

Highlighted
Community Champion

I feel for your disappointment in not passing this exam. But I sincerely think that you are being way too hard on yourself. If you took this test on March 5, 2018 then I'm miffed as to why you did not know that your CISSP exam was going to be in the CAT format.

You have to be honest with yourself and know that you probably did not prepare for this test as much as you could have or should have. Don't be dismayed at (ISC)², as they have put out and posted the information in enough time for anyone taking this exam to prepare. I also studied for the linear version, but I was made aware of the changes. However, if you were primed to pass the 250 question linear exam, then I don't see any reason why you would not have been also prepared to pass the CAT format of the exam.

Just prepare to take it again. If you need assistance, just contact me and I can assist you. But by no means do you fail an exam and blame it on the exam that you failed. 

See you on the other side of this CISSP journey!

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Don't give up please, keep going
Highlighted
Viewer II

To echo the others, don't give up.

Highlighted
Advocate I

@seaside - Is there no test available in your native language or a language you understand more easily?