Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I

Re: Failed CISSP - big time disappointment

Sometimes exams just aren't what you expect.  It's not a reason to give up though.  Learn what you can and fix that then give it another go.  The ISSMP was a similar shock; many of the answers weren't in the official textbook, but were in the background materials cited. 

If you've worked in IA for as many years as you have, you probably have the ability; it's probably just down to exam technique.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
Highlighted
Newcomer II

I failed the CAT two days ago and was shocked at how difficult the questions were. I actually took the old exam back in 2014, and I can definitely say that the new CAT exam was more difficult. Other than about 10 questions out of 150, I had no idea what they were asking me.
Newcomer II

It’s like you have to be Yoda to correctly answer these questions having meditated for 30 years out there in Asia somewhere.
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Tough question: how many practice questions did you do in preparation for the exam? If the practice questions were too easy, did you find tougher ones? I'm like a broken record but if a person can consistently score above 80% on CCCURE's HARD level and understand why their wrong answers are wrong, they're good to go. This is NOT Microsoft; there's no easy route. Rest, regroup and doitagain. You've not failed until you give up. #yesyoucan
Highlighted
Newcomer II

You just gave me hope. Thank you. I did not do CCCURE. My practice questions were minimal, mostly from the outdated books I had for CISSP. I will definitely update after I take the exam again (incorporating your advice). Thanks again.