Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djon1
Newcomer I

Endorsement requirement

Hi, I recently took the exam and passed. Quick question, i have bachelor degree in engineering from India.
stream is Electronics and Instrumentation.
Its 4 years full time education.
Can we show this or we should show only if degree Is from IT/computer science ?

Thanks
4 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

djon1
Newcomer I

Thanks for quick replay!

@denbesten wrote:

The requirements are here.  https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/experience-requirements 

"You can substitute a maximum of one year work experience if you hold a four-year college degree or regional equivalent or an advanced degree in information security from the U.S. National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE/IAE)."

A confusion is, degree from India and any Four-year college degree valid ?

Eg. Electronics or Mechanical engineerings

denbesten
Community Champion

The only thing we have to go on is the statement from (ISC)².  Read it for what it is and try not  to read to much into it.

"You can substitute a maximum of one year work experience if you hold a four-year college degree...".   Since the statement does not mention a particular course of study, it is reasonable to presume that any course will do.  

"...or regional equivalent..."  indicates that they understand that the degree may come from different parts of the world and may have a slightly different name.

That said, definitive answers come only  from the endorsements team and the only way to get a question in front of them is to submit it as an endorsement request.  In the unlikely event of a problem, they will let you know and you will have a chance to defend your position.

Also, keep in mind that 5 is a lower-limit.  If you can, submit more.  Then if something is denied it will not even come up as an issue as long as the approved total is at least 5.  You will encounter this same concern with CPEs, and the trick is the same... doing more than the minimum insulates you from worrying about the minutia.

djon1
Newcomer I

Thanks you!!