cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbenet
Newcomer II

Doubts about CPE portal submission

Hello everybody, 

I'm having some doubts/problems with the CPE portal. I am trying to submit the self-study for the CCSP exam preparation to my CISSP certification, apparently with no luck.

First time, I submitted the CPEs and after writing the description, I clicked on "Save and Exit". I thought it would have been saved as a draft, but there was no draft in my dashboard or CPE portal, so I started again the submission.

Second time, I went thru the process, and submitted the CPEs again. When I clicked on "Submit", nothing happened (apart from a message). I waited several hours (>12) for them to appear as "pending" or some other thing in my profile, even "under audit", but it seemed like nothing had been submitted.

Third time, this morning, I searched for other people's issues with the CPE portal, and somebody pointed to the length of the course name as something to consider, so I used a brief one. Repeated all the process, submitted the CPEs, and I got the same result as before. Nothing appears in my profile.

At this point, I don't know if I have submitted the CPEs twice (I don't know where the draft went), if I have submitted them only once, or they were not submitted at all, as there is no reference of them in my dashboard or CPE portal. Do I need to be more patient? Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Manuel

5 Replies
Jarred_LeFebvre
Community Manager

@mbenet 

Sorry for the inconvenience. We can look into this for you. Please private message me your member ID. 

sueswanson
Viewer

I am having the same issue.  I submitted 3 different CPE entries today and none of them are showing in Pending or in Accepted and they are not showing on the current transcript either.

Jarred_LeFebvre
Community Manager

@sueswanson Please send me your Member ID via a private message. We'll look into this for you. 

Branch
Newcomer I

Sorry to resurrect this thread but, I am having a very similar issue. Have tried to submit a CPE from both Chrome and Firefox on Linux and from Chrome, Edge, and IE on Windows. Each one failed with a very generic "An error occurred. Please contact support."

The new CPE submission portal is not working through any of these browsers. Please help.

Branch
Newcomer I

Update: today it works (insert your favorite shruggie emoji).

What I seemed to learn was that if you are uploading a transcript of a podcast, you should choose the .docx format and not .txt. I was not able to upload a .txt artifact to support the CPE but a .docx formatted version did upload.

Onward!