cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
APS
Viewer II

Double payment for same AMC year

Hi Team
I paid 85$ for next year AMC in june 2019 ( as my cycle is oct 2019 -oct 2020) in advance however again a message appeared in my dashboard to pay 125$ and top of that ISC2 showed in acclaim that my CISSP badge is expired ( in my case 120 cpe were applied before time and payment done in advance)
Toady I made the payment of $ 125 just to avoid revocation of certificate.
For for year 2019-2020 in total I paid (85+125$).
I am looking for a refund and explanation
as at public platform like linkedin I am facing embarrassment due to expiry of my badge.
Looking forward for a prompt response.
2 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

You might read the comments on the other discussion to which you posted.  Everyone pays 2 AMFs in 2019, $85 for 2018-2019 (presuming they hold only a CISSP) and $125 for 2019-2020.  This was an intentional policy change by (ISC)².  In and of itself, it is not evidence that their site was "hacked". 

(ISC)² did sent out quite a few emails about this.  You might want to look into why you did not get the bulk mailings starting in January warning about the off-cycle payment requirement.  Places to check are the "email preferences" on the (ISC)² web site and your "bulk mail" folder.  

emb021
Advocate I

@APS wrote:
Hi Team
I paid 85$ for next year AMC in june 2019 ( as my cycle is oct 2019 -oct 2020) in advance however again a message appeared in my dashboard to pay 125$ and top of that ISC2 showed in acclaim that my CISSP badge is expired ( in my case 120 cpe were applied before time and payment done in advance)
Toady I made the payment of $ 125 just to avoid revocation of certificate.
For for year 2019-2020 in total I paid (85+125$).
I am looking for a refund and explanation
as at public platform like linkedin I am facing embarrassment due to expiry of my badge.
Looking forward for a prompt response.

No.  See the other comment.  The $85 you paid in June was NOT for "next year in advance", it was for the past year (2018-19)

For all these years we've been paying our AMF in arrears.  After the period had passed.

ISC2 decided to change things so we NOW pay AMF in advance.  The $125 was for your 2019-2020 dues in advance.

As noted, ISC2 spent a lot of time notifying everyone on this, and it was a big discussion here for months before it went into affect.

I will say that all the orgs I'm part of, I've always paid up front for dues, not afterwards.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow