cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlugani
Newcomer I

Denied entry for CISSP exam - 361881845

Dear All, 

Greetings. I had my CISSP Examination on December 11, however unfortunately was denied my registered seat for appearing at the examination.  The exam registration form had a the last name as mandatory field. However the identity card issued by the  government of India didn't posses my last name. So instead of leaving this field  blank, I have entered my father's name as mentioned in the offical identity card.

Although after repeated persuasions, the personnel conducting the exam denied my entry to the exam center. Neither did the customer care team of Pearson professional center address my greviences. To highlight I have appeared for other examaniation including those conducted by ISACA and never came across such issues owing to this concern.

It's really tragic to expend an entire year's savings and study time for the examination and then be denied entry on such petty issue of the invigilator not able to comprehend by identity from an official government document including the passport that's recognized internationally.

Appreciate if you could help me with rescheduling my examination under the same registration in the next available slot and resolve this issue
10 Replies
CBMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

Thank you for reaching out via the Community board.
When candidates do not have a last name, it is permissible to use a "dot" or "period" in the Last Name Field. Be mindful that your IDs must show nothing for Last Name. 

To get assistance updating your name in your ISC2 and/or Pearson VUE account, please send a Name Update request to membesupport@isc2.org. Please include copies of your ID as your name can not be updated without this.