cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlugani
Newcomer I

Denied entry for CISSP exam - 361881845

Dear All, 

Greetings. I had my CISSP Examination on December 11, however unfortunately was denied my registered seat for appearing at the examination.  The exam registration form had a the last name as mandatory field. However the identity card issued by the  government of India didn't posses my last name. So instead of leaving this field  blank, I have entered my father's name as mentioned in the offical identity card.

Although after repeated persuasions, the personnel conducting the exam denied my entry to the exam center. Neither did the customer care team of Pearson professional center address my greviences. To highlight I have appeared for other examaniation including those conducted by ISACA and never came across such issues owing to this concern.

It's really tragic to expend an entire year's savings and study time for the examination and then be denied entry on such petty issue of the invigilator not able to comprehend by identity from an official government document including the passport that's recognized internationally.

Appreciate if you could help me with rescheduling my examination under the same registration in the next available slot and resolve this issue
10 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

I understand your pain and frustration.   The penalty for non-compliance with the name-matching policy does seem unnecessarily stiff.  Something more along the lines of the reschedule fee would seem more appropriate.  If your name matches according to the rules, you can appeal the decision.  Please see this thread for an earlier discussion.   Amanda's suggestion is a good one, send a (redacted) copy of your ID to (ISC)² and have them update the records to match according to their rules before attempting the exam again.

Unfortunately, cheaters have made it necessary for (ISC)² and PearsonVue to positively verify that the person taking the test is the same as the person getting the credit.  Part of that is matching names with government IDs.  (ISC)² is not alone in this.  I have encountered similar issues at airports, renewing my driver's license and even once picking up my paycheck -- all because my last name has a space in it, which causes all sorts of filing, parsing and matching errors.

In today's world, there is value in ensuring that all your government documents match perfectly and that in certain other situations, such as this one, you are careful to use your "legal" name.  If nothing else, it makes it easier to get through airport security, which is a goal we can all share.

Kaity
Community Manager

Have you been in touch with Member Support about this? MemberSupport@isc2.org 

Mlugani
Newcomer I

I have written to them on same day ( December 11) did a follow-up today (December 16) .. however no one responded
Mlugani
Newcomer I

Hello thank for your valuable inputs.

I have written sent an email to membersupport team and shared my government issued id and results of CISA exam . But no one responded.

I am getting confused. Doest that mean my examination fees is gone and I have to re pay the exam fee?
denbesten
Community Champion

In the name-matching policy (https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam), you will find "Name changes cannot be made on your test day, including at the test center. If your names don’t match, you’ll be asked to leave. You’ll also forfeit your testing fee.".   

This is why I suggested that if your name does in fact match (e.g. it was the test-proctor's error, not yours) that you might appeal the results.  It is also why @Kaity suggested that you contact member services because it sounds as if you might have a case for an exception to the rule.  Do be aware that contacting them works best by telephone and during Florida business hours (08:00-17:00 US-EST).

Kaity
Community Manager

I've confirmed that your case is being worked on by our HQ and APAC teams - we'll reach out directly with an update @Mlugani 

Mlugani
Newcomer I

Many thanks
surendrakumar
Newcomer I

Hello finally what is the solution for this , i am also having the same issue . i didnt apply for now , your reply wil make me to take the exam . kindly give your reply .

issue : i dont have last name , but registration form asks last name 

what can i do now 

surendrakumar
Newcomer I

mam , i dont have any last name my name is surendrakumar , in my govt id's also  i have this name but in the registration form it asks last name what can i do now