cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdel95
Newcomer I

Cybrary CPE type

Hello Community

I plan to take course on Cybrary. Rich and very usefull topics.

They have online course with a final Certificate of Completion indicating the number of CPE we can claim.

In order to declare the CPE on ISC², should I use the type "Completing a higher academic course" or "Completing self-study, and attending Computer-Based Training [CBT], webcasts, and PodCasts" ?

The advantage of the earlier is I do not have to keep documentation of the hours spent ; however I do not know is Cybrary would be considered as a higher academic course !

Many thanks for your experience and advice

Stéphane

5 Replies
Badfilemagic
Contributor II

I use the CBT one, under type a credits. They aren’t accredited so academic course wouldn’t really apply.
-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP
amandavanceISC2

@sdel95 Thank you for your inquiry. When submitting CPEs for courses completed on Cybrary, you would want to submit under the self-study category for 1 CPE per hour of attendance. If the CPE submission is selected for audit, that is when you will be asked to submit proof of attendance. Please note, the Higher Academic category is used for college course that provide college credits towards a degree.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org 

David_M
Viewer II

I thought I had already posted this but the post is not appearing somehow.

I wanted to ask Ms Vance, if this also applies to other IT security related online courses such as Safari Online, Pluralsight or Coursera courses.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

David M

Arne
Newcomer II

good to know,

I did not know that I could get CPEs for not accredited WBTs.

amandavanceISC2

@David_M I apologize for the delayed response, I did not see this response. To confirm, yes you may submit CPEs for any online training as long as it is from a legitimate source and is either domain related (Group A) or professional development (Group B). 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance