Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Duffy
Newcomer II

Credential Renewal

My customer requires me to keep my credentials updated.   So I've completed my CPE's and paid my fee's, but my expiration date is still the same.    

When does it update?  (and PLEASE don't tell me next month)

To maintain access with my customer I can't expire i.e. wait till the first of the month.

19 Replies
Joe_Duffy
Newcomer II

@AndreaMoore 

From: Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON@vadc01-egs02.gd-ms.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:40 AM
To: Duffy, Joseph P
Subject: Undeliverable: DOD Requirement for non expired credentials

The following message to <membersuppport@isc2.org> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Invalid Recipient - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550 [oCUDVxEEMFO2fvVNBM_O_A.us161]'

Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:40 AM
To: membersuppport@isc2.org
Subject: DOD Requirement for non expired credentials

ISC(2)

What’s the deal?   I’ve met my CPE’s and paid my fee’s, but I won’t get updated credentials until after I expire?   This is causing me a work related issue because my certificate that my employer and DOD holds shows that I expire on 7/31/2020 and you won’t issue a new one before that date.

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Credential-Renewal/m-p/37024/highlight/false#M7639

Need something to show them I’m current so my accounts don’t get disable awaiting the paperwork shuffle

If ISC(2) is the gold standard of credentials then we all need a better method

I need a resolution before the end of the month.

Respectfully,

• Joe Duffy

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Joe_Duffy,

I'm sorry that email bounced back. I mistyped the email and noticed support has 3 p's. I have forwarded this to member support for you. 

I apologize. The email should be working. It is membersupport@isc2.org

ISC2 Community Manager
Joe_Duffy
Newcomer II

All,

Mr. Shiver was able to update my dates and send me the required information.    Thanks to all for the comments and assistance.   

Hopefully the process can be updated so that this is not an issue for the future.  

If your reading this in the future and are having issues with the process, contact membersupport@isc2.org   (don't use 3 p's like I did!)

Respectfully,

- Joe

Olivera96
Viewer

I'm in the same boat as @Joe_Duffy...my credentials expired yesterday (31 JUL 2020)...it's 1 AUG 2020 and I'm showing as expired in Member Verification.  I'll give it due to the fact that it's a weekend, but this should be an easily automated process...and one that, as many have mentioned, should preclude any sort of gap in our certification status--CPEs complete...dues up to date...etc.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this issue.

mario olivera, cissp(?)

Nathan_H
Viewer

Like Olivera96, my credential expired on 31 July and still shows expired. I've e-mailed member support and hope to hear from them tomorrow. I'm really hoping this gets renewed before someone checks my certification to ensure I'm still in compliance.

I wonder if I should pick up a CompTIA CASP+ just in case this causes problems with my contracts every 3 years.

tonyshiver
Contributor II

@Nathan_H  and @Olivera96 , I believe you should both now show active in the verification tool. 

We appreciate your feedback (and those of others) for whom this is an issue. Our team is aware of it and hope to roll out a resolution in the near future. 

Tony Shiver

Manager, Member Services

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
tgc3
Viewer II

I am currently experiencing this issue with my certificate expiring today.  Is there a way to print the next certificate yet?  I have contacted MemberSupport@isc2.org and am waiting for a reply from them.  I have been contacted today that my account will be disabled without that updated certificate.

mencik
Contributor III

I have not see any actual solution provided for the general case as of yet. Just one person at a time intervention.

I'll admit that my programming skills are a bit rusty, but I think that this bit of pseudo-code implemented properly would solve the problem.

IF ((expiration_date - current_date) <= 45 days) AND (CPEs fully completed) AND (AMFs fully paid))
     THEN expiration_date = expiration_date + 3 years;

I can't understand why it has taken more than weeks to implement this, let alone the several years that members have been asking for it.

Steve Mencik
CyberCore Technologies
CISSP, ISSEP, ISSAP

michaelluczkow
Viewer II

Yet another person in need of my updated certificate (digital is fine).  Expired 8/31.  CPEs good.  AMF paid on 9/1 (earliest available date to pay).  It's over a week later and I still can not download my new certificate...

mencik
Contributor III

@michaelluczkow wrote:

Yet another person in need of my updated certificate (digital is fine).  Expired 8/31.  CPEs good.  AMF paid on 9/1 (earliest available date to pay).  It's over a week later and I still can not download my new certificate...

When did it finally become available?