Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slesnik
Newcomer I

Constant AMF Reminder

I'm not sure this is right place, but I need to express my disappointment with (ISC)2 and some of the aggressive "reminding" about their collection of annual fees.

I did my double payment for this year and don't owe the organization anything until February of 2020. This makes me wonder why the first thing I see on my dashboard when I log in is a reminder that I will owe them money in 2020 when it's still the first half of 2019. Can't I just be reminded say, one or two months out?

The continuous presence of a request for funds that are not due for many months makes me worry that the focus of the organization has ceased to be about education and inspiration and has become about money making. I'd just like the reminder to go away since I've paid, and since the rest of the site has become difficult enough to navigate for adding CPEs. 

Community Champion

Everyone sees that reminder whether or not you are fully paid up for years to come or still haven't aligned your account as per the new policy.

If they take it down you'll see lots of people complaining that they didn't know about the AMF policy changes.

If they leave it up you'll see lots of people complaining about them being greedy.

So they're damned if they do and damned if they don't!

I suspect the reminder will come down after the new policy comes into effect on 1st July 2019.

emb021
Advocate I

Actually, if you owe something in February 2020, then you still need to pay.  

I was in the same boat, paying in November and February each year.  I had to make my November 2019 and February 2020 payments now to get in compliance for the new fee payment.

This is because with the old fee style, you paid at the end, while the new is pay up front.  So if you might owe anything up to June of this year, you need to pay.

Once I paid I stopped getting the notices.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello, 

The reminders should be going out to individuals who still owe on their account.  I am happy to look into your account to verify if there is anything that is owed or not in order for you to get current before the June 30, 2019 deadline. If you would like for me to look into your account you can reach out to me directly at soconnor@isc2.org. Please make sure to email from the primary email address on your account and include your member number to verify your account. 

Best, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager