Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joker0719
Newcomer I

Confused about CISSP Test Retake Policy

I understand ISC2 have two parts on test retaking policy for CISSP. I have question though, my first attempt was for the exam was Aug. 2012, my next attempt was in Nov. 2012, third attempt was July 2018, 4th attempt April 2019 and last attempt was in Aug. 2019. in my understanding, ISC2 policy clearly states that "if you fail the exam 3 times in row, you have to wait 180 days for the fourth attempt and then cycle begins again".  Now I am trying to register for the exam Pearsonvue tells me that I can take the exam until Feb. 2020. Is that correct? 

If the policy is correct then I should had not been allowed to take the exam in Aug. 2019 correct? or I am missing something. Please let me know as I want to go in take the exam ASAP.

Thanks

Very Regards

3 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

As a guess, I suspect the long wait between second and third attempt 'reset' the clock, and so the third attempt is being seen as your first, in terms of timing.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Joker0719
Newcomer I

So when I try to register for the exam back in April 2019, I was told I can't take the exam until July 2019, but I took it Aug 2019 instead, My feeling is in between  2012 and 2018, ISC2 change there testing policy. I may be wrong.

@emb021 wrote:

As a guess, I suspect the long wait between second and third attempt 'reset' the clock, and so the third attempt is being seen as your first, in terms of timing.

amandavanceISC2

@Joker0719  Thank you for your inquiry. To confirm, Pearson VUE is correct in the retake policy for your exams. The 2012 exams are not counted since those were 7 years ago. The first attempt would be for July 2018 -> 30 days -> second attempt April 2019 -> 90 days -> third attempt, August 2019 -> 180 days.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance