Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emb021
Advocate I

Comments on items in ISC2 Store

So, some comments about the items available for sale in the ISC2 store.

* Plaques.  Kind of disappointed that the only plaque available is for the CISSP.  At one time you could get plaques for the other certs (I was able to get one for my HCISPP cert), now that's not an option.  With the several ISC2 certs, not sure why we can't get any of the certs as a plaque.

* Embroidered items.  Again, with all the certs that ISC2 has, am surprised only some are available as logos to be embroidered on shirts and hats.  Wouldn't think it would be too hard to add the others as an option.

* Lapel pins.  I've seen them go thru 3 design changes.  I have a CISSP that uses the earlier design and is kind of 'busy'  I really liked the pins when they went to the colorful square icon designs.  I was really disappointed when they went to their current design, as they seem dull ovals similar to the ones ISACA uses.  As I'm planning on getting another cert, had I know I would have gone out and gotten the square icon pin for that cert before they disappeared.  

Not sure others thoughts.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
21 Replies
sdufour
Newcomer I

I agree with your post. There seems to be a lack of choices with branded merchandise. Are blouses still a thing?

I know that green is the official color of ISC2, but not having any other options makes a shopper like me not order. For other certifications, from other vendors, we have a pretty good selection to choose from such as high quality wicking polos in various colors, large branded leather journals, and dare I say it... lots of pens. 

Keep in mind too we don't necessarily need to have only specific certification merchandise. Last years ISC2 Security Congress  there were many different tracks to choose from and there were lots of different buttons to choose from at the ISC2 table such as Cloud Security, Incident Response and Forensics, Privacy, etc. These could also be an option for branding. Also, don't forget the different domains either. I would order a branded large leather notebook that had "ISC2 - Risk Management" on the cover or high quality "Yeti" coffee cup that has "ISC2" on one side and "Encryption" on the other. 

Let's keep the conversation going with more ideas on what we want for items in the store.

I went and made a custom frame for my certificate. IMG-6419.JPG

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Very nice @sdufour!

I frame my certificates too - I think this is a better option than a plaque:

framed-certs.png

That white paper slip on the top shelf is the ticket from the framers for my ISSEP certificate, so once that is ready the CCSP certificate will get moved on to the wall and the ISSEP certificate will sit on the bookshelf... Until my ISSAP certificate arrives at least (pending endorsement):

issep-cert-noframe.png

In terms of the stuff you can get from the store, it doesn't really interest me as I'm not going to pay for anything that will just sit in a drawer with the rest of my cards, lapel pins and the rest of the ISC2 stuff I've been given:

swag.png

EDIT: oh, I was also given a pencil to go with the pad:

isc2-pencil.png

Does anyone have any good ISC2 "swag"?!

emb021
Advocate I

I have an ISC2 Member pin from one year.

Would like to get them for each year, but you have to visit at an ISC2 booth at an event and hope they have some.  I went to the ISC2 reception at BH in 2017, but they had ran out.  ISC2 had a booth at BSides Tampa, but never seem to have the pins.  And I'm never able to go to the "big" events like RSA.

Never seen the challenge coin.  Nice.

I carry my cards in my card wallet.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

The CISSP lapel pin in the case, the 2017 member lapel pin, the coin, the notepad and pencil, and the phone powered fan I picked up when I went to the 2017 Secure Summit in London - really great event was a shame I was too busy to go to last year's one.

I've never heard of a challenge coin before so I did a quick search and found this thread from last year:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Challenge-Coin/td-p/7242

So maybe coins would be a popular item if they were available from the store?!

Here are some (not very good) close up pics of it - first time it's been out of its plastic sleeve!

isc2-coin1.png

isc2-coin2.png

EDIT: forgot to ask... @emb021 - do you carry your cards with you as your certifications are a requirement for your job and you could be asked to produce them to prove you are certified?

emb021
Advocate I

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

EDIT: forgot to ask... @emb021 - do you carry your cards with you as your certifications are a requirement for your job and you could be asked to produce them to prove you are certified?

Nope.  

I've long carried my various membership cards for various groups.  About the only time I need them is if I need to provide my member id for some reason, and I don't have it memorized.  I've never been asked to prove them as proof of certification.  Usually for that I point people to my digital badges on my LinkedIn profile or provide folks with scans of my certifications (sometimes needed for RFPs my company submits for)

---
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

Does anyone have any good ISC2 "swag"?!

I was at Infosecurity Europe this week, and while there was a plethora of tat goodies being offered by the various vendors exhibiting there, there was only one piece of swag worth getting!

IMG_3151.jpg

emb021
Advocate I

Wish these were sold in the store.  Only way to get them is to be at an event where there is an ISC2 booth that has them and not run out.  I've only been able to get one of these several years ago.  No luck with Black Hat 2017, as they ran out and had none at the reception.  When they had a booth at BSides Tampa (run by the local ISC2 chapter) a few times, no pins.

---
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

Very nice @sdufour!

I frame my certificates too - I think this is a better option than a plaque:

framed-certs.png

That white paper slip on the top shelf is the ticket from the framers for my ISSEP certificate, so once that is ready the CCSP certificate will get moved on to the wall and the ISSEP certificate will sit on the bookshelf... Until my ISSAP certificate arrives at least (pending endorsement):

issep-cert-noframe.png

Here's how my certificate wall looks now the ISSEP cert has been framed - looking forward to adding the ISSAP and ISSMP certs (if the certificate packages ever arrive Smiley Frustrated 😞

4-certs.jpg

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Finally received my ISSAP certificate package today after nearly 11 weeks of waiting!

Already taken the certificate to the framers so the ISSEP will go on the wall and the ISSAP on the bookshelf once it comes back.

ISSAP-cert.png