Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fiq21
Viewer III

College experience waiver

Hi all! I have recently passed my SSCP exam and now an Associate of (ISC)²  as per the confirmation email received. As I have insufficient experience to be a member, I would like to know if I am eligible for the 1 year experience waiver as I will be graduating from B.E. Electrical and Electronic Engineering specializing in Info-communication in August this year. 

The reason for asking this is because my degree program is not listed in the pre-approved degree program list.

2 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@fiq21 Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we cannot predetermine if your degree will count; however, I have listed the requirements for waiving the experience with a bachelors degree or higher. Option one is what you'll want to look at. If you can prove that your degree meets those requirements, you should be fine. If for some reason it doesn't, you will remain an Associate of (ISC)2 for the 2 years (as long as your keep up with renewal requirements) to obtain the required experience. 

1) The degree originates from a cybersecurity program which addresses cyber, information, software and infrastructure security topics within its requirements;

OR

2) Is one of the following preapproved degree programs:

• Computer Science
  • Computer Engineering
  • Computer Systems Engineering
  • Management Information Systems (MIS
  • Information Technology [IT]

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

denbesten
Community Champion

Use the contact us link at the bottom of this (and every) page to get a hold of member services.  They can check the status for you.