Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mencik
Contributor III

Certification Stats

I know that there are stats for the various certifications posted at https://www.isc2.org/About/Member-Counts and are updated twice per year.

My question is how many people hold both the ISSEP and the ISSAP? Is it possible to find out that number? I assume that some number of the 1256 ISSEP holders are also among the 2147 ISSAP holders. I'm curious how many.

Thanks,
Steve Mencik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello! 

This information is proprietary and so is no longer shared for public consumption. If you are in need of specific numbers for your chapter, your organization, etc., please do reach out to our support team with your request and they can assist.  

43 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

It's not really feasible to try and find that out without asking ISC2 directly.

I did a search on LinkedIn and it came up with 226 but there's a multitude of reasons why that's an incredibly inaccurate way of measuring.

I know 4 people on here who do (including myself and you), and 1 in real life (other than myself), so I can confidently say it's at least 5.

mencik
Contributor III

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

It's not really feasible to try and find that out without asking ISC2 directly.

That's why this message is in the Member Support area. 🙂

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

There's a subtle difference between posting on the Community and asking ISC2 directly.

@Kaity - is this information that can be released please? How many members hold both the ISSAP and ISSEP?

Beyond that, it would be really interesting to see all the multi-cert stats published as part of the member counts.

mencik
Contributor III

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

There's a subtle difference between posting on the Community and asking ISC2 directly.

Silly me for thinking that a message board labeled "Member Support" would be monitored by ISC2 Staff to provide "Member Support".

Kaity
Community Manager

Good morning everyone,

Member counts are available here by certification: 

https://www.isc2.org/About/Member-Counts

That page is updated twice a year, so it's not necessarily accurate in this EXACT moment, but it's fairly accurate. 

mencik
Contributor III

@Kaity 

Please note I referenced that page in my original question, so that does not answer it.

I want to know how many people have BOTH ISSEP and ISSAP.

The Member Counts only give how many have the individual certification.

Kaity
Community Manager

Sorry for the misunderstanding @mencik. I am asking for this info and hope to be able to share! 

mencik
Contributor III

Thank-you.

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi @mencik 

Thanks for your patience as I retrieved this information. I found this to be pretty interesting! 

We have 85 members who hold both the CISSP-ISSAP and CISSP-ISSEP concentrations. Some of them hold other certifications as well, aside from the CISSP. The number of folks who hold only CISSP-ISSAP, ISSEP is 55. 

We actually have 107 members who hold all three CISSP concentrations! Many of them hold additional other certifications, as well. The number who hold only CISSP-ISSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP is 30.

Finally, just for giggles - we have FOUR members who hold all nine (ISC)² certifications!

I don't have any of the information about who these members are (location, how long they've been certified, etc.). So, there's not a ton of questions I can answer about this, but if you need clarification, let me know.