Cannot log in to isc2.org via Chrome!

Hello!

I have always used Chrome to log in to isc2.org --> Login page

Of late I just cannot log in.  here is the step-by-step experience

Launch isc2.org

Click on Login
Enter my id (email id) and password
Click SIGN IN

The browser seems to go to the next page and immediately gets back to the isc2.org login page with the email and password boxes empty.  This repeats if I try the same

I thought I should reset my password.  tried that and had the same result.

Then did the same on Safari and I am in!

I even removed Chrome browser on my Mac and reinstalled Chrome; cleared out cookies, etc and tried to sign in on Chrome ... I just cannot log in!

Does anybody else have the same issue?

For what it is worth there is one more site with a similar behavior (not an ISC2 site)

8 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Try incognito mode (which disables most extensions and ignores most cookies/local storage) and try disabling your extensions.  

venkyn
Newcomer I

I did try all those options before and I tried them again this time - I still cannot log into ISC2.org.

Thanks for posting a response.

Shannon
Community Champion

@venkyn, from what you described, we can rule out your account, so the problem seems limited to Chrome or its processes being impeded somehow. You might want to check your system's firewall / anti-malware software to ensure these aren't blocking it.

When I had an issue with Chrome in the past, I employed the Chrome Cleanup tool, which essentially resets the settings, giving you a fresh start --- uninstalling & reinstalling Chrome may not remove all the settings. This was with Windows; I don't know if it works with the MAC.

Try the URL chrome://settings/cleanup to check for any malicious software; if that doesn't work, move on to reset the browser settings as described here

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hopefully the steps mentioned by @Shannon will work. However, I also submitted your notes to the Member Support team to assist you. They will reach out to you. If you need additional support you can reach out to Member Support at: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.

ISC2 Community Manager
venkyn
Newcomer I

Thanks @Shannon ,  @AndreaMoore   Sorry for the delay in replying
I did try all the options mentioned and still no luck in logging into the ISC2.org site

Will keep researching this :-). I will also contact Member Support.

I have logged into many other sites from Chrome and have no problem.  Perhaps there is some issue with the redirect to isc2.org.okta when we log in for my account??

jcg1013
Newcomer I

I would tend to believe that this is a problem with the okta integration as well. The symptom from the problem I had this past week on ISC2 was a redirect through okta that ended up at an error page that thought that i was on salesforce.com (https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Single-sign-on-error/td-p/37383) - sheesh. Also, when I had tried to set up 2FA (which is done through okta), none of them ever worked properly, so I turned 2FA off.

venkyn
Newcomer I

For what it is worth ...

I was able to log in to ISC2.org via Chrome as follows - 
-- Started with the isc2 okra page - https://isc2org.okta.com

-- Then entered my usual credentials

-- I was able to login successfully and presented a page with the Okta apps enabled for my credentials - the isc2.org; the enroll.isc2; the isc2 community
-- I clicked on the isc2.org app and was able to get in just fine

I did try logging in the usual way - starting from isc2.org ...but no  luck getting in that way

Meyernet
Viewer

Good call! This worked for me too! I have had problems logging into ISC2 since I first made an account. Each attempt set me right back to the login screen. I've emailed their support a few times and they were able to reset it but I'll use the URL (https://isc2org.okta.com) you provided for now on. Thanks again.