Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeL1
Viewer

CPEs offered by (ISC)2 not updating

I've been working to complete CPEs for my 3 year period (ends this May).  Some of the courses I've taken have not updated and it's been more than 5 business days.  

I've attempted to request assistance via the CPE portal, but the submission hangs once I click "Request Assistance" and shows up as a draft later.

I have since attempted to contact support via membersupport@isc2.org. I included a description of the issue as well as proof of completion. The email I sent was on May 21st and I have not received a response. 

Courses were (ISC)² ThinkTank Roundtable Webinars through BrightTalk. 

4 Replies
Chuxing
Community Champion

Well you did the right thing by contacting with the email support. Just have to be patient.

Also, there is a 90-day grace period, I believe, to make up the CPEs and AMFs

@JoeL1 wrote:

I've been working to complete CPEs for my 3 year period (ends this May).  Some of the courses I've taken have not updated and it's been more than 5 business days.  

I've attempted to request assistance via the CPE portal, but the submission hangs once I click "Request Assistance" and shows up as a draft later.

I have since attempted to contact support via membersupport@isc2.org. I included a description of the issue as well as proof of completion. The email I sent was on May 21st and I have not received a response. 

As you have discovered, the "request assistance" button doesn't work - this is a known issue.

Also, I suspect you're selecting a known problematic option when you're trying to manually submit your CPEs - there are at least a couple of these.

There are so many issues with ISC2's systems at the moment it's gone beyond a joke now, and given the volume of issues the member support team are likely to be overwhelmed so don't hold your breath for a response any time soon.

We were told that a number of fixes to the issues were coming in 2019. We're now half way through the year and things actually seem to be getting worse!

As I have posted before, the view from the top (i.e. the CEO) is that the digital transformation went very well, and that us members should all have noticed the improvements - nope, quite the opposite!

As to your issue, please follow the instructions in this post to manually submit the CPEs:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/CPE-not-getting-credited-automatically/m-p/21405#M4085

jimh12
Viewer

I had taken three courses on Bright Talk on 5/18 and have not seen the CPE credits post.  I sent an email this AM letting them know.  Let us know if you hear back!  Jim

dcontesti
Community Champion

@JoeL1 wrote:

A couple of suggestions:

1) when you say that the "request assistance" hangs, are you able to get a screen shot.  This would help in troubleshooting the issue.  I know it has not been functioning for a bit but any information we can provide will help the staff .

2) As long as you keep proof of the CPEs you will be okay to claim them.

Best

Diana