Announcements
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month! We want to thank all of our
volunteers for all the hard work they do! Join us in celebrating!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer I

CPEs - Higher Academic Course

I am doing a master's degree in Cybersecurity Law that is 30 credit hours. While some of the classes are law specific, all include interaction and discussions where cybersecurity topics are involved.

This semester, I have 3 classes: Legal Ethics, Administrative Law, and Cybersecurity Law. I would assume the first two count as Group B (since they are not cybersecurity-specific) and the third would be group A.

Do I count just the semester hours or the hours I spend studying per week or what?

I spend about 3-4 hours per week on studying and assignments for each 16-week class. (12-16 hours/week total)

I also read articles and listen to podcasts/audiobooks related to cybersecurity.

How do I submit these? 1 hour per item? 

Thanks, 

Melleive Marce

1 Reply

Re: CPEs - Higher Academic Course

@Melleive Thank  you for your inquiry. To confirm, the first two will be listed as Group B CPEs and the third course is Group A since it is domain related. For each course, you may submit under the Higher Academic category for up to 40 CPEs per course. Potentially, this means 80 CPEs in Group B for the first two courses and 40 Group A CPEs for the third course. For podcasts and webinars, you would submit these under the 'Education' tab and then 'Online webinars, podcasts and other online training' for 1 CPE per hour of attendance.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance