cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcnj
Newcomer I

CPE for passed exam

Hi,

I have passed an exam for Cisco's CCNP Security track.  I understand I can submit up to 30 CPE for passing the exam. I have two questions

1) How is this categorized on the CPE site? I don't see anything for certifications

2) How do I prove hours for preparation?  I did watch online training videos, for which I have completion certificates for but I also spent many hours doing hands on practice. I don't know how I can "prove" those hours?

Thanks

6 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Here are the CPE guidelines

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/CPE---Handbook-Digital-V2.ashx

I do not see anything in the guidelines about passing an examination for another cert allowing 30 credits but I may have missed it.

@amandavanceISC2 would you please pass this one to appropriate folks internally.

Regards

Diana

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

You can follow the guidance in this thread to submit the CPEs:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/How-do-I-get-CPE-credit-for-self-study-after-successful...

BTW - you earn the CPEs for the studying rather than passing the exam - this is covered in the CPE handbook in the 6th bullet point on page 9.

When I've submitted CPEs for studying for certifications, I've taken and provided as evidence a picture containing:

1) My laptop screen showing any PDFs I'd read

2) The books I'd read

3) My provisional pass letter

The thinking behind the picture and its contents is it shows all the study material I used as preparation, which should show enough content to cover the claim for the 30 CPEs. While the pass letter is the "proof" I had actually read the books and PDFs and bolstered my knowledge already gained through experience to the point I was able to pass the test.

amandavanceISC2

@dcontesti Thank you for notifying me about this. I will get with management to make updates to the CPE Handbook. 

@mcnj Since we don't have a "self-study" category right now, we ask that you place the 30 CPEs for preparing to obtain a new certification under the 'Education' tab and then 'Online webinars, podcasts and other online training'.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

mcnj
Newcomer I

Hi @amandavanceISC2 

Thank you for the response.  Is it 30 CPE or up to 30?  What proof is needed for the 30 CPE hours?

amandavanceISC2

@mcnj It is up to 30 (depending on how many hours you studied). If you feel like you studied a total of 30 hours, you may submit the 30 CPEs. If selected for audit, proof could be a picture of the materials you reviewed, a summary of what you learned, etc..

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

mcnj
Newcomer I

Thanks @amandavanceISC2 

I have completion certificates for the videos that I watched in regards to the self study. I will include those.

Thanks again.