cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aserhatdemir
Newcomer I

CPE credit for master thesis and MSc. diploma

Hello,

Although i took the graduate level courses before i became a CISSP, i wrote my MSc. thesis and obtained a MSc. degree in Cyber Security during the first year of my certification cycle.

in the CPE handbook there are examples for white papers, book chapters etc., but i could not find information related to writing a master thesis or having a graduate diploma.

Does anybody know how i can report these achievements as CPEs for CISSP program?

Regards,

-serhat

2 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@aserhatdemir wrote:

Hello,

Although i took the graduate level courses before i became a CISSP, i wrote my MSc. thesis and obtained a MSc. degree in Cyber Security during the first year of my certification cycle.

in the CPE handbook there are examples for white papers, book chapters etc., but i could not find information related to writing a master thesis or having a graduate diploma.

Does anybody know how i can report these achievements as CPEs for CISSP program?

Regards,

-serhat

Ahmet,

Congratulations on your degree. That is a fine achievement. I am not sure about claiming book-type credit for the thesis, but I think I can give you some help. When I was working on my graduate degree, for each course that I could relate to one or more of the Domains for Type A credit, I claimed ALL of my classroom contact hours. That meets the Courses type of CPE. since you can submit them any time, go back and figure out which courses relate to domains, and how many classroom contact hours you had for each.

If you had more general courses, not relatable to the CBK domains, you can claim Type B credit for those classroom hours, too!

Your CPE will jump up with those hours!

Good luck!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
aserhatdemir
Newcomer I

Hello Craig,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I passed my graduate level courses 1 year before i became a CISSP, so i think i cannot claim credit for those courses, which are all cyber security related 🙂

Although i believe i can credit the academic/research papers that i read for my thesis, if i can find a way to claim credits  for the masters thesis it would be great. 

Regards,

-serhat