Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdc
Newcomer III

CPE System Status Report from Bruce Beam

Sharing a response I received from Bruce Beam regarding CPE system status:

In response your other questions:

1. CPE earned for webinars, the magazine quizzes and our PDI courses (video content) are submitted on members’ behalf, but the process is only partially automated. Most of these CPEs are submitted via a bulk upload. We were experiencing a delay in this processing, but we are back to our normally stated SLAs for when members can expect these CPEs to appear in their dashboard. This process is working as designed.

1. We are addressing all issues related to any account-specific settings as they are reported, and applying fixes universally if necessary. The problems discovered are corrected, but they are not wide spread and did not encompass all members. Data integrity was maintained throughout the entire migration.

1. Some members are experiencing issues with CPE submissions, but there are various causes for that. Some may be access-related, which requires a review of account-specific settings, others maybe be attributed to how the user enters the CPE. Additionally, CPEs are subject to random audit and until the CPE’s are approved, the CPE balance on a member’s dashboard will not be updated. This update also requires syncing across systems if the a member is actively on the website and will not get updated until their session ends. Our technical team advises members to wait a day before checking their CPE balance.

If you experience any issues when entering CPEs, please let us know. We will address it as soon as possible.

6 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@cdc wrote:

1. We are addressing all issues related to any account-specific settings as they are reported, and applying fixes universally if necessary. The problems discovered are corrected, but they are not wide spread and did not encompass all members. Data integrity was maintained throughout the entire migration.

How do they know the problems are not wide spread? Are they basing this on the volume of people not complaining or do they have another way to measure it?

Seems to me many people won't know they have issues until they login to the member portal which not all members do regularly.

If the problems are not wide spread, what's special about my account? As I seem to have encountered every issue going! I still have 3 issues logged with Support (only 1 is CPE portal related) currently that I haven't had any feedback on for a while - the initial response time and subsequent communication has been very poor (I did expect this but that doesn't make it ok).

dcontesti
Community Champion

@cdc wrote:

Sharing a response I received from Bruce Beam regarding CPE system status:

In response your other questions:

If you experience any issues when entering CPEs, please let us know. We will address it as soon as possible.

Thank you for sharing with the Community.

jimscard
Newcomer III

Thank you for posting this update. It's great to hear that service levels are returning to the SLA.

One follow-up question I had regarding PDI course CPEs - specifically, the offerings that are available to anyone (as long as they pay), but which are free to members. These courses, like "Communicating to the C-Suite", do not have automatic CPE entry. Instead, after completing them, you receive an email instructing you to manually enter them on the site.

However, when you go to enter them, there is no clear process on how to do so. Since they are ISC2 offerings, you'd expect to answer "yes" to the "are these offered by ISC2?" question, then select "Member Entered" and that there would be a "PDI Course" choice available. However, there is only "ISC2 Chapter Management", "ISC2 Chapter Formation" and "Preparing to present at an ISC2 Event" -- none of which are appropriate.

So what is the correct process at this time? Should we select one of the three existing options, probably the "Preparing" one, since it is the only Category A CPE option, even though not actually appropriate? Do we instead have to answer "No" at the ISC2 offering question, and enter these courses as though not offerred by ISC2?

Please advise (and it would be great if the FAQs could get updated with the answer too :)!

Thank you!

Jim Scardelis, M.S., CISSP, CISA, CEH, PCI Secure Software, Secure SLC, P2PE, P2PE Application & 3DS Assessor, PCIP, CIPP/US, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPT, CTT+
Any views or opinions contained in this communication are solely those of the author.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

This thread asks the same question and one of the mods here provided some steps to use:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/How-Where-to-enter-for-CPE-for-completing-an-online-cla...

However, I would follow the slightly modified steps in this post as the 'Online webinar, podcasts, and other online training' option has also been known to produce issues with CPE submissions if selected:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/CPE-not-getting-credited-automatically/m-p/21405#M4085

The steps in the above post used to work 100% of the time - until I discovered another bug in the CPE portal which I documented here (but I think this issue is particular to my account):

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Manually-Added-CPEs-Not-Appearing/m-p/26218#M5257

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @jimscard

Thank you for posting about this. I am reaching out to some people to see what the status of this is and if there is any information to share along the lines of PDI CPEs. As soon as I have some more information, I will update the thread. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
cdc
Newcomer III

Good question

> How do they know the problems are not wide spread? Are they basing this on the volume of people not complaining or do they have another way to measure it?