cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ovidiutoma
Viewer

CISSP wavier and endorsement

Hi guys,

I have recently passed my CISSP exam and I am now at the part where I need to submit my documentation for the certification process. I have a question though: for the 1 year wavier, what is the education equivalent in my country (Romania)? The Bachelor degree takes 3 years to obtain here. After that, the Master's degree is another 2 years.

Is my Bachelor degree equivalent to the 4 year minimum requirement or do I have to submit my Master's degree?

Also, I was wondering if there are any disadvantages or issues if I ask ISC2 for an endorsement. There are not that many certified people that I know of who would be able to endorse me.

Thanks!

5 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Hi @ovidiutoma,

Congrats on provisionally passing the CISSP exam!

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/experience-requirements

"Four-Year College Degree or Regional Equivalent:

You can substitute a maximum of one year work experience if you hold a four-year college degree or regional equivalent..."

The four-year degree is a bachelor's degree so that's all you need to submit.

The only disadvantage to asking ISC2 to endorse you is you need to write out all of your relevant experience on the endorsement form as they'll need the info to verify you meet the criteria. This would be optional if you had another member to endorse you - as long as the member knew your work experience.

It may also take a little longer for ISC2 to verify your experience, but they'll still quote you 8 weeks, and would look to complete the endorsement within that time frame.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I think that a Bachelor in Science bachelor in Science whether it takes three or four years - as long as it's not from a chop shop uni somewhere. I'd submit it and then make it clear it's three years - at least they can take it in to consideration.

denbesten
Community Champion

Although @Early_Adopter is probably right, if you have both a bachelors and masters, list them both.  No harm in exceeding the minimum.

amandavanceISC2

@ovidiutoma Congratulations on passing the exam! To confirm, the experience waiver can be a bachelors degree or equivalent, so you may absolutely use your degree to waive one year from the work experience requirements. In regards to who will endorse you, the review time frame is the same (6-8 weeks) whether you have a member of (ISC)² endorse you, or have (ISC)² act as the endorser. The only difference is if you have (ISC)² act as your endorser, you are required to provide proof of employment. I have listed the options for proof below for your review.

• Pay Stubs - 3 per year of employment (beginning, middle and end of each year employed)
  • W2's - 1 for each year at the company, plus 1 extra for the year following termination
  • Offer/Termination letter combination
  • Letter on company letterhead confirmation title/description, and dates worked

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@denbesten Too true, you can never have too much cowbell! 😛