cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChitHlyne
Newcomer I

CISSP renewal and over due CPE

Hi All,

Recently, I paid CISSP renewal fee. I have left 10 CPE outstanding and certificate expired on 31 Aug 2019. I understand that there is a 90 days grace period to fulfill the outstanding CPEs.

I submitted 4 CPE for 4 x Webinars which I attended and it is submitted for Group A CPE but it has been rejected automatically with the message "Rejected - Passed Program Term".

Could someone please explain the reason why CPE submission has been rejected? And how can I submit CPE again to fulfill outstanding CPE?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Alfred | CISSP,CRISC, CISM, COBIT 5 Fdn & Impl

6 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

I have your PM from this weekend, Alfred. I'm sharing w/the team to get assistance.
ChitHlyne
Newcomer I

Hi Kaity,

Good day, and thank you for your kind help.

I will wait for their reply. I also sent an email to member support email address today.

Hope they will respond soon.

Thanks once again for your prompt response.

Cheers!

Alfred | CISSP, CRISC, CISM, COBIT 5 Fdn & Impl

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@ChitHlyne wrote:

Hi All,

Recently, I paid CISSP renewal fee. I have left 10 CPE outstanding and certificate expired on 31 Aug 2019. I understand that there is a 90 days grace period to fulfill the outstanding CPEs.

I submitted 4 CPE for 4 x Webinars which I attended and it is submitted for Group A CPE but it has been rejected automatically with the message "Rejected - Passed Program Term".

Could someone please explain the reason why CPE submission has been rejected? And how can I submit CPE again to fulfill outstanding CPE?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

The 90 days grace period is just for entering the CPEs into the portal. The CPEs still require to have been earned within your cycle dates. I'm sure you can think back over the course of your last cycle and find 10 hours of CPE worthy activity that you didn't submit. Did you read any books or magazines, watch any webinars or attend any conferences?

ChitHlyne
Newcomer I

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Now, I remember I attended online Cisco Cybersecurity fundamental and Cybersecurity operation scholarship courses for 3 months. Currently, Cisco is offering these courses as 5 days online course. I have a certificate of attendance but it doesn't mention duration. 

Cheers!

Alfred

Kaity
Community Manager

Do they have course descriptions online you can reference (provide URL) that lists the hours? It's typically 1 hour = 1 credit.
ChitHlyne
Newcomer I

Dear Kaity,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, Cisco has course outline for the course.

Here is excerpt from the outline.

------------------------

What to expect

• Instructor-led training: 5 days in the classroom with hands-on lab practice
  • Virtual instructor-led training: 5 days of web-based classes with hands-on lab practice
  • E-learning: Equivalent of 5 days of instruction with hands-on lab practice, videos, and challenges

------------------------

Here is link for the courses.

"https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/training/training-services/cou..."

"https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/training/training-services/cou..."

I submitted CPE yesterday and it is approved.