Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parthenon
Newcomer II

CISSP Study Materials

New here! I am interested in taking the CISSP. What study materials do you recommend? Is there a study guide similar to CISA? If not, is there a study guide/book I should look into? How long should I prep? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks guys!

3 Replies
HTCPCP-TEA
Contributor I

Hi,

Good on you for persuing what is seen as one of the top Certifications one could hope to achieve.

The ISC2 Official study guide is a solid place to start, and the 11th Hour CISSP by Eric Conrad was well favoured by a few candidates on the course I sat.

Most books by Shon Harris or indeed any that he appears as co-author on seem to be quite popular also.

In terms of a "condensed" and overview-style revision resource I would recomment the Sunflower pdf readily available online.

The above, coupled with enough (relevant) experience in Information and IT security will set you up perfectly to tackle what is widely recognised as one of the hardest exams to get through. (I hasten to add, not THE hardest by any strecth of the imagination, but certainly hard).

Happy trails!

Nedryck
Newcomer I

I am currently using the Sybex book recommended with (ISC)2 along with the 11th hour Exam book as well. Try not to get discouraged with practice tests. I am using the I phone App along with the Sybex tests and I am getting mixed results.

amandavanceISC2

@Parthenon Thank you for your inquiry! I have listed the links to the official CISSP textbooks below. Please note, with the new content update (went live April 15th), all CISSP textbooks are being updated and will be released between June - August 2018.

Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition

Official (ISC)² CISSP Study Guide

Official (ISC)² CISSP Practice Tests

CISSP for Dummies

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance