cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surya3011
Newcomer I

CISSP Endorsement Complete - Associate of ISC2 to CISSP Status

Hi Members/ ISC2 team,

Need your expert guidance/ advice on the following:  I guess I had opted to be an associate of ISC2 when I submitted my application for CISSP. 

I cleared my exam on Jun 15 2019. Submitted my Endorsement Request on 16th Jul and got the final confirmation from Member support on 20th Aug 2019 stating that my application for CISSP has been reviewed and is complete.

When I check the Member dashboard section, I still see the following messages: 

1. Associate of (ISC)² Annual Maintenance Fee $ 50 (Jul 01, 2019 – Jun 30, 2020) (Payment must be received by September 29, 2019 to avoid any disruption of your certification and member benefits)
  2. The dashboard is still reflecting the following:  Associate CISSP Certification Status and requires 15 hours of CPE to be completed before Jun 2020.
  3. When I check the status of my Endorsement under the Endorsement link, the status is still reflecting the same as it was originally when the endorsement was submitted: “Your application was endorsed by XXX.  It has been submitted to (ISC)2 for review”.
  4. My Acclaim badge is still reflecting as "Associate of ISC2" and does not show "CISSP".
  5. When I try to download the digital certificate it mentions the following:  "Certified Information System Security Professional” with the note:  "Your digital certificate will be available on the first day of your three-year certification cycle.  Thank you for your membership"

Based on the above, need help in getting answers for the following questions:

1. Should I still pay the AMC for the Associate or Can I directly pay the AMC for CISSP at the beginning of the 3-year certification cycle (if it has already begun as of now).  The reason I ask this is because, my organization may not reimburse multiple payments at the same year.
  2. As the endorsement process is complete, why is the status still reflecting as "Associate of ISC2" and not as "CISSP"?  Is there any lead time to get this changed?
  3. When will the three-year certification cycle period start, if it has not started as of now?  
  4. Will I get a certificate that indicates I am a "CISSP" without any disclaimers like the one mentioned in the point # 5 above?
  5. When will my Acclaim Badge status change to "CISSP"?

Sorry for a lengthy post.  Being a new member, I am not clear on how this works.   Appreciate your help in getting answers to my queries.

7 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

Hopefully someone from ISC2 will step in and answer your questions.

It looking over your issues, there are a couple I think I can help with.

* AMF fees.  I think you will need to pay these.  This is due to the switch over in how fees are collected.  You noted that your AMF fee for Associate runs from Jul 1 but your confirmation of getting your CISSP was until August.  So there is a period were you're still an Associate and so you still have to pay that fee.  AND, I think once you have your CISSP, you'll then have to pay your AMF fee for that (as we are now in a pay-first mode vs the old pay-later).

* On when your cert cycle starts, it ALWAYS starts on the first of a month.  So as we are here in August, if you've been approved for your CISSP, it won't start until September 1st, tho you should be able to claim to be a CISSP (if you got a confirmation of it) on LinkedIn, resume, etc.  Not sure about Acclaim.  Would think you'd get a separate CISSP digital badge, and maybe that doesn't go 'live' until Sept 1.
This start date is important for CPEs, as any CPEs you do now till Sept 1 won't count toward your CISSP.

Hope this helps.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Surya3011
Newcomer I

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for you response.  I will wait for member support to respond on the other queries.. in the mean time, w.r.t the AMF,  Is this $50.00 fees charged for the period:  15th Jun - 20th Aug (65 Days)? or will it be for the Period: 01st Jul 2019 - 30th Jun 2020 as mentioned in the Dashboard. 

To be more specific, will I be required to make any other payment with the change of status from Associate of ISC2 to CISSP with the completion of endorsement process, before the end of 30th Jun 2020 period?

Regards,

Surya Narayanan.

denbesten
Community Champion

I seem to recall reading somewhere that one ends up paying the price difference when you switch from Associate to Member.  

emb021
Advocate I

@Surya3011 wrote:

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for you response.  I will wait for member support to respond on the other queries.. in the mean time, w.r.t the AMF,  Is this $50.00 fees charged for the period:  15th Jun - 20th Aug (65 Days)? or will it be for the Period: 01st Jul 2019 - 30th Jun 2020 as mentioned in the Dashboard. 

To be more specific, will I be required to make any other payment with the change of status from Associate of ISC2 to CISSP with the completion of endorsement process, before the end of 30th Jun 2020 period?

ISC2 doesn't do pro-rated fees.  So you are paying for a full year (July 2019-June 2020), even tho in practical sense, you're only an Associate for a couple of month.  Just how it is.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Surya3011
Newcomer I

If that's the case.. it will be good. Let me wait for the Member support to confirm.  Any Idea a how long it takes for the member support to respond in the communities?  Or will it better to send a mail directly to the Member support rather than posting the my queries in the Communities?

@denbesten wrote:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that one ends up paying the price difference when you switch from Associate to Member.  

Surya3011
Newcomer I

Oh.. is there any official link where I can get these details?

Shannon
Community Champion

@Surya3011, you should 1st attempt to communicate with support using the contact details provided here, by email, phone or chat.

If you've emailed them but not received a response, also try the numbers provided --- if the latter is feasible, you may have call them many times, coz they're overloaded ATM.

If there's no response from them or they can't clarify what you asked, you could communicate with the moderators on the community for assistance.

There's no harm posting queries on the community --- members will attempt to assist you as best they can, with moderators clarifying / confirming things --- but ideally, you should start with member support.

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz