cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyberPy
Viewer

CISSP Eendorsemen: What type of document need t upload as proof of employment

Hi, 

1. I am confused about that what type of  document should upload for proof of employment ? For employment proof ,Only Release letter or relase letter with joining letter shoud upload ? For proof of work experince do i need submit my experience certificate from supervisor or experience will verify through contact with supervisor ?

2. What should to do if my designation was not mentioned in release letter ?

3. Initially I have joined as a database administrator which is mentioned in joining letter but later , I worked as a security professional when leave from the job. In that case what should I mentioned as a designation of my employment ?

Thanks in advance.

18 Replies
Syne07
Newcomer III

I know this can be a bit tough. It almost seems as if the endorsement application is seeking the background for an audit if needed. What I've read is that generally, you get a letter from HR from the company stating you position dates etc. Others are much more experienced and can chime in.
amandavanceISC2

@CyberPy Thank you for your inquiry.

Can you please confirm if you have an endorser or if you are requesting (ISC)² to act as your endorser? If you have an endorser who will endorse your application, you do not need to provide proof of employment. If you are requesting (ISC)² to act as your endorser, you will need to provide one of the following:

1. Letter from company on letterhead confirming position and dates of employment
  2. Offer and Termination letter combination
  3. Pay stubs - 3 per year worked at company (beginning, middle and end of each year)
  4. W2's - 1 for each year worked at the company, plus one extra for the year following

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

CyberPy1
Newcomer I

CyberPy1
Newcomer I

Hello @amandavanceISC2 , Thanks for your reply. I was waiting a reply from officials.

Yes, I have local endroser.

Hence my edroser will endrorse me, so that I don't need to upload any documents in the field of ''Upload Proof of Employment" ( although it's not a mendatory (*) field when i select and fill out my endorser's contact information) . Am i right ?

Another Query:

What email of my 1st employment supervisor have to give in endrosement form as she is not anymore in that organization at present.
She is already switched her job. Could I give her personal email address ( not organization domian email ) or have to give her present organizations domian email address with her contact phone number ?

Thanks in Advance.

amandavanceISC2

@CyberPy1 To confirm, you do not have to submit proof of employment since you have an endorser. If your supervisor is no longer with the company, please list the email for the HR department.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Syne07
Newcomer III

Thanks for claifying.
whoWhatWhenWher
Newcomer I

Can a scan of my employee badge with Company Logo, My Picture, and Title work?

amandavanceISC2

@whoWhatWhenWher Thank you for your inquiry. Please see the list below. Both forms of ID must have a signature and be the original (not a copy/scan). An employee ID is accepted as long as it has a signature and is not a scan of the ID. 

Accepted Primary ID (contains photograph and signature; not expired)

• Government issued driver's license or identification card
  • U.S. Department of State driver’s license
  • U.S. learner's permit (card only with photo and signature)
  • National/state/country Identification card
  • Passport
  • Military ID
  • Military ID for spouses and dependents
  • Alien registration card (green card; permanent resident visa)
  • Government issued local language ID (plastic card with photo and signature)
  • Employee ID
  • School ID
  • Credit card*

Accepted Secondary ID (contains signature; not expired)

• U.S. Social Security card
  • Debit/ATM card
  • Credit card*
  • Any form of ID on the primary ID list

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

whoWhatWhenWher
Newcomer I

That information was to take the exam. I have already passed and have over 6 years experience in my current position. I submitted an endorsement request to isc2 based on experience waiver. I uploaded a resume and scan of my employee badge. Will that suffice for experience waiver. Or do I need to have HR give me a signed document.