cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyberPy
Viewer

CISSP Eendorsemen: What type of document need t upload as proof of employment

Hi, 

1. I am confused about that what type of  document should upload for proof of employment ? For employment proof ,Only Release letter or relase letter with joining letter shoud upload ? For proof of work experince do i need submit my experience certificate from supervisor or experience will verify through contact with supervisor ?

2. What should to do if my designation was not mentioned in release letter ?

3. Initially I have joined as a database administrator which is mentioned in joining letter but later , I worked as a security professional when leave from the job. In that case what should I mentioned as a designation of my employment ?

Thanks in advance.

18 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@whoWhatWhenWher I apologize for the misunderstanding. If you have an endorser, proof of employment is not required, so what you provided is fine. If you do not have an endorser and (ISC)² will act as your endorser, you will need to have proof of employment. Below is a list of what would be accepted. 

1. Letter from company on letterhead confirming position and dates of employment
  2. Offer and Termination letter combination
  3. Pay stubs - 3 per year worked at company (beginning, middle and end of each year)
  4. W2's - 1 for each year worked at the company, plus one extra for the year following

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

whoWhatWhenWher
Newcomer I

Thank you since i only provided my id as proof if for some reason that is
not accepted can/will i have to fill out another waiver form. Or will i
have to have someone endorse me.
amandavanceISC2

@whoWhatWhenWher Since you are asking (ISC)² to act as your endorser and you only provided a scan of your ID, the application will be put in pending status and an email will be sent to ask for additional information. This will extend the turn around time for completing your endorsement. I would suggest to compile the proof of employment and send in an email to programs@isc2.org. When you send the email, please request that they attach your information to your application that is in the queue for review.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

DHerrmann
Contributor II

@amandavanceISC2 - how would one of the 4 documents below prove a candidate has 5 years experience? A W2 doesn't prove anything - I could be working for a company as a programmer, have W2's, but have zero required experience in two of the eight domains.

I guess I'm asking if (ISC)2 as an endorser is possibly more lax than if a CISSP is endorsing a candidate.

(The document list:
1 Letter from company on letterhead confirming position and dates of employment
2 Offer and Termination letter combination
3 Pay stubs - 3 per year worked at company (beginning, middle and end of each year)
4 W2's - 1 for each year worked at the company, plus one extra for the year following )

TrueBDB
Viewer II

I have a similar issue. I have an endorser, but I was emailed about my experience proof, which I supplied but wasn't sufficient. In a situation where you work for a rather large organization, let's say government sized, and there is no H.R. representative that knows anything about what you do, but a generic printout of your duty title. How do you prove your experience?

I think the only unifying proof would be a W2, but even that doesn't explain specific duties. So where would one go for help?
tonyshiver
Contributor II

@TrueBDB Sending you a private message.

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
Saddler13
Viewer

I'm in the Army (military intelligence). If I don't have a sponsor does this method differ in any way? Do you know what other military members have provided?
mtheo
ISC2 Team

@Saddler13 Thank you for posting your query about the endorsement process. One of our Member Support Coordinators will be contacting you via email, within one business day, to assist with this question.
hiyapalit4
Viewer II

I am an aspiring security engineer and have more than 5 years of Industry work experience with exposure and hands on to some of the security domains, even though have not played a hardcore security engineer role in my career yet.

So my question is : in my background, how can I get the endorsement as my role does not say that I played a defined Security engineer role ever. On the other side, if that's the hard requirement, then how people like my background, who are aspiring security engineers, will get a pathway for this Cert ? Any suggestions appreciated !