Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyeshIshan
Viewer II

CISSP CERTIFICATION

I am reading sybex 7th edition for the CISSP certification and then should i read CBK before the exam?

17 Replies
StFeuillien
Newcomer I

Having your test date gives you a solid target and in itself will help motivate you to continue taking practice tests and improving the depth of your knowledge.  No doubt your confidence level will increase as the date draws nearer and you keep your focus on your studies.  Wishing you the best in your preparation activities.

Syed
Viewer II

Absolutely, it helps. Nice Suggestions.

ChenthilKumar
Viewer

Yes. Please read CBK ( Bible ) and you will explore lot of concepts. Also please do end of chapter questions , Purchase ISC2 Official Practice Test from Sybex . Best Wishes.
murquiza
Viewer III

The more you read the more you know.  Each book has its unique things.

Sybex is a good and comprehensive book but complementing it with other material is convenient, Shon Harris is a good book and reading the CBK won't hurt.

In my case what helped the most was the experience.

Maximilian
Viewer III

Yeah. I managed to pass my exam on 2nd Jan 2018. A good start to the year...

Good luck to everyone who's going to take the exam. The new format is very different from the previous exam format which I took in March 2017. I read the CBK that comes with with my course and also Shon Harris's All-in-One 7th Edition.

Best Regards
Nextacy
Newcomer I

Hello,

I am more than glad to know that you passed your exam; Congratulations !!!

I see that there are conversations going on about the new testing method and opinions are all over the place on that subject. I personally do not wish to offer one as they are like behinds; everybody has one. What matters should be what one does with that certification. one person can build a house, many can build a nation. I hope that as one of the newest members along with all the other members we remember that we each have goals to try our best, and to make a difference in the homes, nations and world we build through knowledge, and technology. Your achievement is one of stature and standing and should bee looked upon as such by all.

Let us not forget the time, energy, sacrifices, and last but not least the money invested. 

Again; Respect for your hard work and sacrifice.

sophia_cart
Newcomer II

Congratulations!!!

CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional Study Guide

Security professionals consider the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) to be the most desired certification to achieve. More than 200,000 have taken the exam, and there are more than 70,000 CISSPs worldwide.

sophia_cart
Newcomer II

Hi,

CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition,  Amazon Price $46.32.

Electronic content includes:

• 1400+ practice questions, including new hot spot and drag-and-drop questions
  • Complete PDF copy of the book