Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyeshIshan
Viewer II

CISSP CERTIFICATION

I am reading sybex 7th edition for the CISSP certification and then should i read CBK before the exam?

17 Replies
Charles_Silva
Viewer

Read as much as you can, the more you are exposed to, the better. Also, don't get hung up on definitions of anything, but understand the concept behind it.

Nextacy
Newcomer I

I have read the Seventh Edition, and ran through some practice exams and found that no one book is really going to give you the answers to all of the questions available in the test pool. The test is based on knowledge and not just memorization. I would think that if you have the background experience and your comprehension of the source material is good then CBK's would help fortify what you already know. Utilize a few exam preps to prepare yourself for some of the types of questions you might be asked as well as the chapter review questions and see how well you do before taking the exam. If you can consistently score above 85 percent on any of the test exams you take then consider scheduling the exam. I have read two other CISSP books as well; Shon Harris 7th edition, CISSP 4th edition ISC2 along with the Sybex CISSP ISC2 7th edition. I test next month.

I hope this in some way helps you, if not I apologize.

mistercheddy
Viewer II

I will second what Charles said. Get the exposure, learn the concepts. If you can understand the "what" "when" "where" and "why"(concepts), you can understand the "how"(the technical part) much easier. 

Maximilian
Viewer III

My exam is scheduled on 2nd Jan. Currently only have the course handbook to read on. Will try to find more books to read.

Best Regards
bgtan1980
Viewer II

Hi All,

I passed my CISSP exam May this year

The CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests helped me a lot to pass the exam.

It reinforce the concepts that you have learn from the CISSP official study guide and the questions in it are of good quality.  

http://as.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1119252288,miniSiteCd-SYBEX.html

Regards,

Boon

LeonVanEijk
Viewer II

Goodday,

Reading is good but assure to understand the fundamentals.

Most of the passers will have used day to day experience combined with self-study:
I first studied your Sybex one, 7nd edition.
after that, stepped over to 11th Hours CISSP (2nd edition) of Eric Conrad & friends.

In the weeks up to the exam concentrated on the Digital learning environment of Sybex (practise exams).

Went back to the CISSP CBK study guide to review some deep subjects like fundamental understanding assymetric/symetric encryption. The FAT CBK Study guide does a decent job there:-)

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

tonimacaroni
Viewer II

Hello,

Obviously if you have experience in IT Security you are already partially there. I spent a lot of time preparing off and on. I used Shon Harris All in one which I was given 2 years ago 🙂 Good questions in there on the DVD

I used the audio mp3s in my car when going to /returning from work.

I watched all the cybrary(dot it) videos to get another perspective.

I decided on a date two months ahead and decide to go all out.

I passed on the 9th of October 2017

ksmohanakumar
Viewer

Congratulations!!!

Let me know the CISSP edition details along with Web-Site where i can purchase it.

tonimacaroni
Viewer II

Hi, CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, 6th Edition Amazon , $39. The kit I used has a DVD with tests etc and 1200 page book + a book of questions and answers

I do hope that helps