cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyberman6877
Newcomer II

CISSP Associate or CISSP

Hi,

I am a Senior Oracle DBA with 10+ years of experience in multiple Sectors including Telecommunications, Retail and Insurance.  I have decided recently to fully transition into Security and currently studying for the CISSP exam.  My question is, when I tried to book the exam earlier, I was faced with a question to whether I want to take the Associate route or if I have experience in two of the domains.  Now as a Senior DBA, Security was a significant part my every day work, so I have covered Access control, encryption, patching, dealing with vulnerabilities, etc. from the Database Security prospective.  My last role was a Database Security Manager responsible for the security of several database technologies and worked exclusively on patching, Policy and Vulnerability compliance.  I implemented TDE (Transparent Data Encryption across all databases) and worked on SIEM products such as Arcsight.

I have all the paperwork from HR to prove my years of experiences but I do not know anyone who has CISSP who can vouch for me.  So which route do I follow?  I feel the Associate route is more designed for graduates with no experience but I am happy for you to correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

I appreciate any help you can offer with this!

Sincerely,

Cyberman6877

11 Replies
Cyberman6877
Newcomer II

Hi Amanda,

I hope you are well!

I am happy to report that I have successfully passed the CISSP exam last week and I have received an email today from the ISC2 requesting me to fill in the endorsement form.

I have all the necessary references from HR from my previous roles but I do not know any (ISC)² CISSP member that can act as my endorser.  Can I ask (ISC)² to act as my endorser?  What information do I need to provide?  The references I have from HR from my previous roles only indicate the title of my role and the duration of employment and do not go into specifics.  Will that be sufficient?  I am also happy to provide the contact details of my previous managers if required.

Can you please confirm?

Many thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Cyberman6877

amandavanceISC2

@Cyberman6877 Thank you for reaching out! If you do not know an (ISC)² member in good standing that can act as your endorser, you may request for (ISC)² to act as your endorser. When you request the assistance application, you will need to provide proof of employment. 

Proof of Employment:

• Letter on company letterhead with job title and dates of employment (does not have to have description)
  • W2 - 1 W2 for each year worked at the company, plus one extra
  • Pay stubs - 3 for each year worked at the company (beginning, middle and end)
  • Offer/Termination letter combination

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance