Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitin17
Viewer II

CISSP Aspiration with Networking background.

Hello All,

I have 7.5 years of experience in Networking field. I am a CCNA , CCNP R&S , CCNA Security certified professional. 

Recently i have completed CEH certification and i have an aspiration on doing CISSP. 

Can someone guide me if i am making the right choice. I would like to see myself in a manager level in the next 3 - 5 years. 

Appreciate your expert advice.

Kind regards

NG 🙂

2 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I think the CISSP will certainly help with your career goals so absolutely you should go for it.

BTW - All the best security personnel started off in networking! Smiley Wink

mgorman
Contributor II

I agree with Alec, all the best security people come from networking!  That said, a CISSP will certainly open doors for you that might not be open from your other certs, especially if you are looking in a new direction, rather than a company you already work for. That said, make sure getting the cert isn't the only thing you're doing.  Engage here to keep up with the news, and use some of the myriad of security sites around to keep current beyond the CBK.  That way, when you are interviewing, or just talking to prospects, you have a good grasp of the state of the industry, and can be confident about it, which says a lot more than the pretty certificate on the wall. (Though I must say, ISC2 makes some pretty certificates!)