cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George991
Newcomer I

Brighttalk recording CPE

Hi,

Since June 1st 2018 I have to earn CPE points for my CISSP certification. When I watch Brighttalk presentations they always get automatically added to my CPE score. The issue is that I watched recently some recorded Brighttalk presentations from before the 1st of June and I don’t see them back on the CPE overview.

Question is, do I get CPE points from recordings before the 1st of June? Should I add them manually or should this be an automated process?

Thanks for any help in this.

George

3 Replies
amandavanceISC2

Hello George,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please confirm if June 1, 2018 is your cycle start date? If so, you will not receive CPEs for BrightTalk presentations earned prior to your cycle start date. If you would like me to check your account, please email me (avance@isc2.org) with your primary email address on file and member ID number and I will look into your account.

Best Regards,

Amanda

denbesten
Community Champion

Just to add onto @amandavanceISC2's statement.  If you watched a presentation prior to the date you received/renewed your CISSP, you can not count it.  However, if you watch a presentation today, it counts, even if it was recorded prior to your start date.

One gotcha with Brighttalk is that the way that you watch the recording can mess up the auto-submission.  See this post for details.  Some of us manually add Brighttalk presentations right after we watch them and then go in later on to delete duplicates.  Others keep an offline list and manually add missing entries a week or so later.  Either method works; it is mostly an issue of personal preference.

George991
Newcomer I

Thank you,

Its indeed the case I watched a recorded Brighttalk after the date I was allowed to write the CPE points. I have to mention it was not added automatically to my CPE so will do it manually.

Thanks,

George